RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybe last Gunshow this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Tonto View Post
    Best gun show in Iowa is the Brownell's showroom in Grinnell on I-80...I drive from NW Indiana to Omaha once in awhile and that is the perfect rest stop.....and folks who make fun of Iowa, have never been to Iowa, its a beautiful state.
    We have guns shows more then one time in the year here.Mainly at this time of the year and before and during hunting season.Yes folks dose make fun of Iowa and it one of the last know states.Do not tell anyone . There is only corn and soybean lol.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trapper9260 View Post
    We have guns shows more then one time in the year here.Mainly at this time of the year and before and during hunting season.Yes folks dose make fun of Iowa and it one of the last know states.Do not tell anyone . There is only corn and soybean lol.
    Hell, I make fun of Iowa and I unfortunately live here. If the United States had a rectum it would be Iowa just saying. Been to Brownell's many times since its in my travel area. They have a nice setting and supply of firearms and full retail prices. You can be sure however that if your looking for something they will have it.

Banned

"If the United States had a rectum it would be Iowa"

Not even close. I'd happily live anywhere in the Midwest over pretty much anywhere on the eastern sea board.

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Not even close. I'd happily live anywhere in the Midwest over pretty much anywhere on the eastern sea board.
    Now them's fightin' words!
    I'm Not sure where in KS you live but i am Kansas boy. Lived at Ft. Leavenworth and Leavenworth, graduated from Leavenworth High School, went to Kansas Sate in Manhattan, KS and toured the entire Midwest with the Reunion Band (played a B3 Hammond) in 67-69. I moved to New Hampshire is 1970 and never regretted in for a minute.
    Yes we have harsh winters but I would take that over a regularly occurring hot and humid summer heat wave and tornadoes any day....ah yes....those lovely tornadoes.
    We just learned to embrace the winter and snowshoe and winter hike....you guys hit the tornado shelters.
    Besides, NH is gun friendly and conservative....and no sales or income tax!
    No brainer in my book!
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Wife working this weekend, so I decided to go to the St. Charles, Mo convention center gun show to pick up some powder & primers and to look around.
    It is a fairly big show and draws a lot of people even from Illinois.
    Admission is high, $12 to get in
    What I saw were mostly black rifles and Glocks, and there is nothing wrong with that.
    BUT, 1 vendor with primers and NO powder what so ever anywhere to be seen.
    Don't think I'll be going back

Boolit Master
    NYS has a no powder rule when the gun show is held on state or country land. Private shows can have powder but I do not know of anyone who does. Some primers sneak in. Rules rules and more rules.

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Hell, I make fun of Iowa and I unfortunately live here. If the United States had a rectum it would be Iowa just saying. Been to Brownell's many times since its in my travel area. They have a nice setting and supply of firearms and full retail prices. You can be sure however that if your looking for something they will have it.
    Whats the best thing to ever come out of Iowa?
    I-80.
    That being said I lived in Palo IA for about 13 months in the late 90s. Some of the best people I have ever met.
    Hard working, god fearing, family oriented, down to earth people. I wish there were a few more like that where I am.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    I'm Not sure where in KS you live but i am Kansas boy. Lived at Ft. Leavenworth and Leavenworth, graduated from Leavenworth High School, went to Kansas Sate in Manhattan, KS and toured the entire Midwest with the Reunion Band (played a B3 Hammond) in 67-69. I moved to New Hampshire is 1970 and never regretted in for a minute.
    Yes we have harsh winters but I would take that over a regularly occurring hot and humid summer heat wave and tornadoes any day....ah yes....those lovely tornadoes.
    We just learned to embrace the winter and snowshoe and winter hike....you guys hit the tornado shelters.
    No brainer in my book!
    I grew up on the east coast (S.C.) and if I ever did have to move back east of the Mississippi, it would be there. Had to drive east about a year ago to pick up my son from the Camp Lejune area, couldn't get out of all that congestion and **** fast enough. Everybody likes to throw out the Tornados, but I saw way more stuff destroyed by hurricanes than I have by tornadoes and you know they're coming eventually.

I'll take my "flyover country". You're gonna be hard pressed to find a more gun friendly, conservative, solid and sane populous than you are here.

Boolit Master

Big town over has a mayor that is wanting to end the gun shows in her town, democrat. We do have a state law that is being used to keep her at bay...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    I went to a gun show in Wichita last weekend with my Dad. It's one that seems to cater to old and antique stuff, not table after table of black rifles and automatic pistols, maybe that's the difference. Nothing out of the ordinary, no protests, etc. Everybody having a good time, and that's the only big gun show I bother with anymore (I still love the little town ones around here though)

Gun shows appear alive and well here. God I love Kansas, think I'll go outside and kiss the ground now.
    I had gone to the Chisholm Trail (Wichita Gun Show) for many years. I was formerly at Park City in a nice large facility. The moved to the Hartman Arena a few years and although a nice show it is about a third of the size. The big deal for me is they still charge $10 for a third of the show. Hard to justify. I won't say "I will never go back" but it will be a while.

Boolit Master
    I haven't been to any of the Cedar Rapids shows this year but my friends always give me a full report as soon as they get home or on their way home. Bob's reloading quit the CR show this year. Table rates went up this year. I don't think Bob was happy when Brownells bought out Crow and changed his price structure. Sieh guns was there with more tables than ever. Gabe was scaled back a little this show. Mike Beaupain a well known & respected dealer was there in his usual corner, she hasn't been to any shows this year so he was running things himself. Kids were supposed to have a protest rally by the entrance at 6th St. Don't know if it happened or not. I just hope the schools weren't using school buses to get then there. The schools are all crying they need more money but property taxes are sky high in the area.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    No brainer in my book!
    Just curious, without driving in a circle, how far can you drive before you are in lunatic controlled enemy territory? lol

Back to the original situation of the topic, I see this as a tragic situation for the op and every other shooting enthusiast in Hawaii, it is not like a guy can drive an hour or twu to another state, and believe it or not not everything is available by mail order like in the continous 48 states.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    I haven't been to any of the Cedar Rapids shows this year but my friends always give me a full report as soon as they get home or on their way home. Bob's reloading quit the CR show this year. Table rates went up this year. I don't think Bob was happy when Brownells bought out Crow and changed his price structure. Sieh guns was there with more tables than ever. Gabe was scaled back a little this show. Mike Beaupain a well known & respected dealer was there in his usual corner, she hasn't been to any shows this year so he was running things himself. Kids were supposed to have a protest rally by the entrance at 6th St. Don't know if it happened or not. I just hope the schools weren't using school buses to get then there. The schools are all crying they need more money but property taxes are sky high in the area.
    The show in CR looked to be scaled back a little but I didn't get there until Sunday and maybe some of the venders had already left. Seemed like there were a lot of AR's and from what I understand a few people came in to look at the evil rifles. I din't notice a lot of powder and primers like the usual. I don't think CR is ever going to ban the gun shows.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Just curious, without driving in a circle, how far can you drive before you are in lunatic controlled enemy territory? lol
    As long as he goes slightly west of north, quite a ways!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerguy View Post
    I had gone to the Chisholm Trail (Wichita Gun Show) for many years. I was formerly at Park City in a nice large facility. The moved to the Hartman Arena a few years and although a nice show it is about a third of the size. The big deal for me is they still charge $10 for a third of the show. Hard to justify. I won't say "I will never go back" but it will be a while.
    Yeah, $10 is a lot more than most of the gun shows I attend, but most of those are small towns, which I love. Still, $10 to keep me that entertained for a couple of hours seems cheap to me. That show had a ton of reloading and bullet casting stuff, though I was looking specifically for 7x57 brass and couldn't find any.

I have lived in Kansas for 24 years or so, but just recently started getting to Wichita fairly regularly since that's where we relocated my folks in Andover. I'm glad I found out about that show. I'm not too keen on the Topeka shows, and the little town shows are wonderful community events and I love going, but no where near as much stuff as that Cimarron show. I think I only ever went to one gun show I thought wasn't worth the cost of admission and it was in Manhattan, go figure. Total waste of time, and I think that was the last one held there, at least I haven't seen one advertised since.

Boolit Grand Master
    "If the United States had a rectum it would be Iowa"

You should see the politics in hawaii. We could also be in the running for the rectum of the USA.

Boolit Grand Master
    Show was a bust for me.
    Over 3000 paid through the doors. Not counting us sellers.
    Mostly lookers and feelers at my table.
    Not to many buyers.
    I did pick-up a press. It's posted in the equipment forum.
    I think I made a few new friends. Made some kids happy with toys.
    Don't think there were any protesters. Didn't see, or hear of any.
    It's more of a drain when it's not busy. Tired.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12