MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe last Gunshow this weekend

Boolit Grand Master

Maybe last Gunshow this weekend

We have our, twice a year, Gunshow this weekend.
    Might be the last.
    Arena getting lots of calls, and letters, calling for it to be canceled.
    As far as I know, only Gunshow in the state.
    As far as I know, it's still going on.

Boolit Master

They are trying to cancel our gunshows held at the County Fairgrounds also. The Mayor said something like how can they allow gunshows when their job is to protect and promote the well being of it's citizens. Sounds like nanny state BS to me.

Boolit Master
    We lost our gun shows in upstate ny. Well part of the state. Was four shows a year now down to one last show may 28th.

Boolit Master

Gun owners need to speak up.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master
    The significant issue for me is the reason they are being banned....nothing good comes from that.

I personally will not miss them. It has been over two years since I attended one and over six years since I purchased anything at one.
    Don Verna

Banned

I went to a gun show in Wichita last weekend with my Dad. It's one that seems to cater to old and antique stuff, not table after table of black rifles and automatic pistols, maybe that's the difference. Nothing out of the ordinary, no protests, etc. Everybody having a good time, and that's the only big gun show I bother with anymore (I still love the little town ones around here though)

Gun shows appear alive and well here. God I love Kansas, think I'll go outside and kiss the ground now.

Not having them because they don't draw sufficient customers is one thing. People who don't even go to the shows complaining about them to officials is silly to use a mixed company term for a lots of very negative and somewhat profane terms.

There are a number of shows I have no interest in that waste peoples money and time but I don't call or write to complain about them.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master
    Gun Shows are a good chance for newer shooters to pick-up things they wouldn't get at the range.
    I'm not talking about material things, I'm talking about knowledge.
    I've talked to, and helped many new shooters over the years,
    Even made a few new friends.
    I'd rather new shooters learn from experience rather than a magazine.
    It's also a time to see old friends. Catch up on things.
    Gun Shows, like everything else, are what you make of it.
    I'm not a black gun guy. I like the old stuff.
    Dealers should understand that even though they may not sell a lot, they may gain a new customer.
    We have a few vendors that come from the lower 48. They all seem to do well.
    One guy said it's in the top five of shows, as far as sales, that he goes to.
    It's what he does for a living.
    Plus they get a trip to Hawaii.

Boolit Master

We have a gun show about every two to three months here. I always go. Yeah lots of over priced stuff. Jus as much reasonably priced stuff. Everything is cheap online till you add the shipping. Then it becomes cheaper to buy local. Just shop smartly. There is always a deal. I am waiting for the big one to come buy again, there is an old lady that comes and sells powder cheaper and there is a rep that shows to sell Shooter World powders. I want to cashe up on some powder. Even if i don't buy anything i always end up atleast chatting with a stranger for an hour and the wife and i spend time together.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Banned
    We have a gun show the 16,17, and 18th of March so it will be interesting to see the media coverage at it this weekend.

Gun show in Cedar Rapids, Iowa this weekend.
    Last edited by 6bg6ga; 03-17-2018 at 06:47 AM.

Boolit Master
    6bg6ga you should fill in your location on your profile. This way when you say things like (WE) we get an idea who we might be. Penn southern NY so on.

Banned
    Come on man. No one wants to say that they live in Iowa. Give me a break Near Cedar Rapids, Iowa You might remember that Cedar Rapids flooded out in 2008 and made its way into the news for several weeks in a row. No, I don't live in Cedar Rapids roughly about 10 mi away and out of the flood zone. Don't have any corn in my yard either and not everyone farms grows corn and slopps hogs.

Boolit Master
    Also objectionable to the anti-gunner powers-that-be is that gun shows allow us to see how many of us there are, and how normal we are. (With a few exceptions, and those not dangerous to society.)

It’s like when the Crown tried to ban coffee houses in the 17th century on the basis that the new drink was dangerous to health. But what they really didn’t like were the political and social discussions that were going on there, and how popular the scene was getting to be.

The only Gun Shows I don’t go to are those on the same days as shooting matches. And that’s because I’m at an age where the actual use of the stuff I’ve accumulated had better be of a higher priority than accumulating more. I certainly don’t want the producers of American Hoarders sniffing around here.

Boolit Buddy
    Best gun show in Iowa is the Brownell's showroom in Grinnell on I-80...I drive from NW Indiana to Omaha once in awhile and that is the perfect rest stop.....and folks who make fun of Iowa, have never been to Iowa, its a beautiful state.

Banned
    last time i was at the Waco tx gun show it was all about AR stuff and glocks and all new maybe one or 2 tables of reload and old guns that where price way to hi i go to gun shows for old and used stuff and a good deal not to spend what i would or more in a gun shop

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Come on man. No one wants to say that they live in Iowa. Give me a break Near Cedar Rapids, Iowa You might remember that Cedar Rapids flooded out in 2008 and made its way into the news for several weeks in a row. No, I don't live in Cedar Rapids roughly about 10 mi away and out of the flood zone. Don't have any corn in my yard either and not everyone farms grows corn and slopps hogs.
    hehe no prob. Iowa is to far to drive for me for a gun show. I do not blame you on the corn. I live in mountains flat land for me would be a blessing.

Bent Ramrod - They want people who own guns to keep it to themselves. I say lets get our clubs to advertise and start open shoots and get more people involved in shooting. I love gun shows and "I am not ready to let them go gentle into the night."

Boolit Master
    We have a gun show every month. Same vendors at each show. If you need something you can give them a call and they can save you hazmat. Sometimes you run up on a deal but not often. I do make a donation to the pretty girls at the junior marksmanship display. Most vendors complain about the tire kickers but they keep coming back.

This is in Raleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    They are trying to cancel our gunshows held at the County Fairgrounds also. The Mayor said something like how can they allow gunshows when their job is to protect and promote the well being of it's citizens. Sounds like nanny state BS to me.

this sentence ,especially exiting the mouth trapp of a politician , doesn't make any sens.

where is the link between the hypothetical loss of public safety,and a simple gun show ?? even a kid would find this rethoric infantile. this is another slam in the face of law abiding gun owners, and this has to stop .

Banned

This is the show in Wichita I referenced;

https://www.visitwichita.com/event/c...un-show/22602/

Best big gun show I have been to in years. Lots and lots and lots of reloading and bullet casting stuff, never seen a show that was so heavy on that kind of stuff. Very few black rifles or dealers with new stuff. Exactly what gun shows are supposed to be, check it out if you can. I had thought it was twice a year, but it looks like the next one is a year from now.

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Personally, I enjoy gun shows.

My son and I are regular attendees.
    I usually buy from private individuals who are selling off their private collections of guns, used reloading equipment , holsters, etc.
    Where else would I get a practically new set of rifle dies for $10 or a pristine Sako rifle that was made in the early 1960s for $400 or a Dan Wesson revolver for around $400???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast