RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jacketed Performance with Cast Bullets

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    i do not expect my stuff will get here for a month.
    It's been over two months for me since I mailed out the order form and cash. Why ask for an email address on the form if you're not going to send updates?
    Currently in the process of developing the "perfect" cast .223 load for my AR-15. Click here to follow my progress

Might try to call him in the evening around 6 or 7. 208-267-3588.
    AKA "Old Vic"
    "I am a great believer in powder-burning".
    --Theodore Roosevelt, Hunting Trips of a Ranchman

Boolit Master
    I got part of my order from LBT today.I got the harness tester and a note.the not stated the 3d addition of the book is sold out the 4th addition will be comeing out soon and i will get one soon when it comes out at the old book price.The order took about a month to get here not bad for LBT.So for all that have ordered the book i am sure you will get the new 4th addition as soon as they come out.The note did not state how long it would be.

Boolit Master

He made a fourth edition? Really has my curiosity peeked. I need to break down and order me a copy before he isnt around to sell it to me.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Buddy
    I just got a package from him last night according to my wife. I'm at work at a remote oilfield and won't be home until next week. The package should have 4, four cavity molds and 30 sticks of lube I ordered back in October. Veral makes one of, if not the best bullet molds in the industry but it is an exercise in patience every time you order. This was the longest and most exasperating one for me and my last one. As much as I like his molds, I'll not go through this again.
    Only left handed guns are interesting!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    There could be a lot of explanation for the delay.
    1) He might be on vacation.
    2) He might be sick.
    3) He might be dead.
    4) From time to time the post office will lose mail.
    5) Indians might have killed the pony rider.
    6) Global warming could have its evil hand in this.

It's hard to tell.
    It's Bushes fault!

Boolit Buddy
    For those interested, it has now been nearly six full months since I ordered, with not a peep heard back from LBT. I don't expect to receive my book, and will not attempt to do business with Veral again. For such a devoted capitalist, Mr. Smith appears to have a very weak grasp of how businesses thrive in a free market.
    Currently in the process of developing the "perfect" cast .223 load for my AR-15. Click here to follow my progress

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mart View Post
    I just got a package from him last night according to my wife. I'm at work at a remote oilfield and won't be home until next week. The package should have 4, four cavity molds and 30 sticks of lube I ordered back in October. Veral makes one of, if not the best bullet molds in the industry but it is an exercise in patience every time you order. This was the longest and most exasperating one for me and my last one. As much as I like his molds, I'll not go through this again.
    You must not have ever been in on one of the early orders from Lee for custom molds we used to do here. Now, THAT was aggravating!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Quote Originally Posted by BHuij View Post
    For those interested, it has now been nearly six full months since I ordered, with not a peep heard back from LBT. I don't expect to receive my book, and will not attempt to do business with Veral again. For such a devoted capitalist, Mr. Smith appears to have a very weak grasp of how businesses thrive in a free market.
    woaw.awfull.really.i was thinking about getting some of his stuff. now, i'm out lol.

Well he is something like 200 years old by now. Might have something to do with it.

So, did you try to call him?
    AKA "Old Vic"
    "I am a great believer in powder-burning".
    --Theodore Roosevelt, Hunting Trips of a Ranchman

Boolit Master

I am curious if he got it. You did say you mailed cash. They say not to mail cash for a reason.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Hickory you had me until global warming interest into it the Indian attack maybe but global warming not so much!

Boolit Master

I came across this on GB outdoors looks like your not alone https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/99-ask...al-lately.html
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

In Remembrance

While your patience has been extended to the breaking point, I would like to offer my explanation after 35+ years of purchasing from Veral Smith DBA LBT. Veral is a Christian gentleman of the old order. If your check has been cashed, or you sent cash, you WILL get your merchandise. He is pretty much a one man show, so he can either answer e-mails and telephone calls or make bullet moulds and other LBT items. He can't do both! The book "Jacketed Performance" is in its 4th printing and probably has not come back from the printer. Veral waits and you wait. Complaining won't move the printer any faster. From past experience, I know Veral has limited patience with impatient customers. You are not talking about a lot of money here, relax, chill out, and you will eventually get what ever Veral has offered to sell. An e-mail or polite letter asking about delivery date may get answered if he has an explanation abut delays, other wise you are in line to get your merchandise as soon as he can get it to you.

Boolit Buddy
    I hope you're right. I'm not going to spend any more of my time trying to chase this down though. If it comes, great. If it doesn't, as you said, it wasn't a large sum of money wasted.

It'll come eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by BHuij View Post
    If I recall correctly, you stated you sent him cash. If this is true, there is a possibility that he never received any order from you. After delivering mail for the USPS for about 35 years, it's no secret to me that there are thieves in any business, the postal service included. I strongly recommend that no one ever send cash through the mail. If I were in your position, I would call him or write him to confirm that he received the payment. If I am wrong about you sending him cash, please forgive my error.

Boolit Mold
    I placed an order with him a little while back and he advised me that he is out of stock of the book, but is intending to write an updated version.
    I'd really like it if he could make the "old" one available again, and I'd sure get the new one when it comes to fruition.
    I do understand that he's clocked up a few years though, so he is probably setting his schedule as he sees best.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by No1_49er View Post
    I placed an order with him a little while back and he advised me that he is out of stock of the book, but is intending to write an updated version.
    I'd really like it if he could make the "old" one available again, and I'd sure get the new one when it comes to fruition.
    I do understand that he's clocked up a few years though, so he is probably setting his schedule as he sees best.
    Thanks for posting that bit of info.
    it really explains the whole delay.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast