RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: Can you walk on water ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Can you walk on water ?

Matthew 14;22-31

And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away.
    23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.
    24 But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary.
    25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
    26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
    27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
    28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
    29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
    30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
    31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Have you ever given Christ credit for saving you or one you love ? Has your life been made better through you praying for help ? Do you believe in the power of Prayer ? Do you give Christ credit for all he has given or do think you 'earned' it ?

Have you ever sunk below the waves ? Has Christ reached out to hold you up . Has our Lord ever been close to hold you up and still the wind around you ? Why when we fail in faith would he save us ?

28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
    29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
    30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
    31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
    No turning back , No turning back !

This reminds me of my born again experience. I started to wonder about my life, gathered info almost like researching a new load for a rifle. Started reading my bible and soon realized that I was in a tug of war between the natural me being comfortable in my burdens and gazing out to a life of what could be. This was back before Felix passed away and he said I was in a battle for my soul. Since then my life has increased tremendously.

A prayer recently granted to me was about eating too many deserts during the day at work. This prayer was from the point of lifting a spirit of desire for sweets from me during the work day. From that point forward I lost any craving I had to stop anywhere and buy a desert. At home I can enjoy some ice cream or cookies etc. But at work, nope nothing, even the memory of the sensation or satisfaction of stopping changed.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Master

Christ lifts us above and beyond, Numbers 6;24-26 speaks of the blessings that flow abundantly from God. Thank God for all things in my life, My salvation above all things is the greatest gift ever given me!

Boolit Master
    Every year, when it freezes.

If I am going fast enough, and usually only for a few steps

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MostlyLeverGuns View Post
    Every year, when it freezes.
    +1000

Boolit Master

I can't walk on water, at one time I was probably vain enough to think maybe I could with proper training. It does strike me that here again we see disciples who had witnessed the glory of Christ and were still afraid to believe what their eyes saw and that Christ was there for them and would let no harm come to them. I'd like to think I'd do better and stroll across the wave with Him, but I am still weak and with sin and prideful. I think when Isaiah was called before the Lord and his first words were "l am ruined, for me eyes have seen God and I have unclean lips and live amongst those with unclean lips". He plead his case that he wasn't good enough for that which God was to appoint him, he took convincing and purification by one of the Angels before he said "I am here Send me."
    Have you ever heard a child teach a bible lesson, not just repeat back what they'd been told but tell the story in their own words and listened to the awe and wonder in their words and the joy in their eyes? That's how I think we should feel when speaking the Word.

Even if the water is frozen you step out in faith that the ice will hold you up. Especially in the begining of the season. We all have faith and put our faith in something. Jesus has faith in us that we might someday see and understand His message.
    Last edited by pmer; 03-16-2018 at 08:08 AM.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.