RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Rock dock and a Dillon 650xl

Rock dock and a Dillon 650xl

Hi all,
    I currently have 3 rock docks on the bench that I use for 9 different press, lube sizers and mec shotshell loaders. I love the rock dock system. I’m very seriously considering to buy a Dillon 650xl. One of my concerns is placement on my bench. I would like to use it in a rock dock. Pat Marlins sells a plate but I’d like to here from somebody that has the same set up, even pictures if possible. I have read that the 650 needs to overhang the bench by an inch so you can operate the handle all the way down. I’m concerned with flex, any info would be great.

Boolit Master
    I don't know about the 650 but I run two Hornady LNL progressives in Rock Docks and they work great.
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Boolit Master
    I use inline fabrications quick change mount and they have plates for all the Dillons as well as a blank plate so you can make your own....although that doesn't help you at all...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Pat Marlin's stuff is great. If he makes a plate for the 650, it will work. Personally, I use a Dillon strong mount for my 650. It isn't quick change, but as heavy as the press is, I don't ever need to move it. It put the press at the right height and it doesn't flex. Your mileage may vary, Rod

The only reason why the press needs to hang over the edge of the table is to clear the ram. If the press is elevated 6" you can have it mounted farther to the rear.

This is what I do with my plate mounting system. If you can imagine a Marlin base plate with the riser on it that is what you would end up with.

Hope this helps

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com