Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 460 Rowland

Cast Boolits Owner

I love both of mine. My first was a S&W 625 my Father gave me that had the cylinder bored to spec by Clark in the 90's. It has seen XTP loads @1436 FPS but now relies on a steady diet of my go to load that consist of an average charge of AA7 which propels the 230 projectile to 1125 FPS.

My 2nd is a Springfield 1991A1 with Clark Custom 460 ROWLAND kit. The 1991A1 received a trigger job before i dropped the kit into it but has no other modification.

I really like the 1991A1 even though it is a bear to rack the slide compared to my other 1911's. It is fairly accurate as is but I am sure there is room for improvement. We'll see what happens once I tighten the slide to frame fit.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Scroll down to post 1786 for a friendly reminder to proceed with caution. FWIW, there may be nobody living who has shot or loaded more 45 Super/ Rowland than the poster:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/45...382239/page-90

Quote Originally Posted by retrobass View Post
    Scroll down to post 1786 for a friendly reminder to proceed with caution. FWIW, there may be nobody living who has shot or loaded more 45 Super/ Rowland than the poster:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/45...382239/page-90
    Any reports of this happening with a 1911 conversion? Or only with Glocks? I really want a Clark Conversion for my Kimber 1911.

I don't have a dog in this one but I went to that link because I like to try and keep tabs on failures when they are presented to me. In the last several pages there were 3 Glocks that went kaboom. Two had the same after market barrel and one was an admitted double charge. Luckily no serious injuries other than cuts and bruises. I didn't come away thinking any of the slides were at fault. But both slides where ruined.

Since Glocks are chambered in 9mm and 10mm which have max pressures of 34,000 and 37,000 PSI I would like to think their slides could handle .45 Super which is supposed to max at 28,000 PSI. I like the 45 Super but would probably go Rowland with its longer case to keep them from getting in a 45 ACP.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Buddy
    looks like too much fun for me...

Boolit Man
    Got to shoot the Rowland and all I have to say is “Wow!” This is not your grandma’s 45 auto. It was a healthy dose of longshot behind a 230 grain xtp. I have a lee mold that throws a 240 grain bullet. I have a bunch Hytek coated. I’m gonna load some of those next.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12