Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: look at this trash i got form Hornady

Banned
    some others have called about the powder drop so there are more then a few out there and where told the same thing i was they blame it on the casting << which looks grate << and side by side to a old one they look the same casting wise.
    just one is new looking and the hopper cut was way off to one side my old one is dead on..

i would use it for the press but some one be for i got it weld a stand to it with nickle rod but i got it cheep the guy did not even want to look at a pic of it i want a email address to send it to but he would not give me one and the button on the sight for email does not work

Banned
    O and with that chatter it had to be a lathe and a nub running it a mill or CNC dose not leave that kind of chatter might come close but it will not look the same and the threads have a tearing look to them not a good cut look i would post a pic of them but i sent it back to them you cant see the burrs in the top pic
    i made this about a week after i got my first lathe just 1 hss bit is all i had for that lathe that was on a 6x18 101 atlas

Boolit Master

That's one cool boolit. But careful, you are going down a dangerous path. Now you have to find a cannon to shoot it out of!
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Master
    This forum has always been the best in my mind. I voiced out my garbage purchase from a dealer on RFC and got the boot for it. They said I can not call out there sponsors like that.

Always been a RCBS fan, because their great customer service, and... they have the best hold music ever!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    This forum has always been the best in my mind. I voiced out my garbage purchase from a dealer on RFC and got the boot for it. They said I can not call out there sponsors like that.
    I agree, and I also support the right to vent consumer outrage. Just don't expect everyone to hop on board.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    A few musings.

Banned
    how about a tank ? i want a tank LOL

Boolit Bub
    When I purchased my LNL AP several years ago, the pistol rotor for the powder measure would not rotate freely. I called Hornady, they said send back the powder measure with both the pistol and rifle rotor. About a week later I had everything back. They replaced the bad rotor. I have had no issues since.

Boolit Master
    I'm not sure what I'm looking at, maybe you should have bought Lee.

For my inline single stage press I buy RCBS. For my progressive press I buy Dillion. I have had contact with both for new parts due to wear and tear over the years. Both RCBS and Dillon sent me the parts free of charge with no questions asked. In fact today I contacted Dillion needing a small part for the primer feed on my progressive press. They are sending me two identical parts so that I have a spare on hand. No charge. RCBS is located about 35 miles from my house. I went into their store and asked to buy some primer feed tubes for my 30 year old Rockchucker press. I told the tech during a move I misplaced the primer tubes and offer to pay for them. He refused my offer to pay and gave me two new tubes for small and large primers.
    Needless to say, due to the quality of their machines and the excellent customer service they have given me over the years, I will not look at any other company for my reloading.

Banned
    this is what a good one looks like

Good thing it wasn't a Lee. People would be dog piling

I hear ya. I've had better success with Lee products than Hornady products but not too many people want to dog pile onto Hornady. No matter the brand it's always buyer beware. I will stick with the brands where I've had success. And that brand is not Hornady.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

I fail to see what is the problem here...

I have a Hornady Lock and Load cast-iron powder measure and it looks the same on the inside. It is sand casting. The worst thing is that it is made of iron, so it will rust. To stop it from rusting you will have to gunk it up with something, which will need to be cleaned off every time you use it. These things would be better made of Brass.

TIP: if you want the drum to move smoothly scribble on it with a graphite pencil. Perfect lube and perfect means to apply it for the job.

Banned
    funny thing is lee was the worst of them all till a few years a go and hornady was one of the best now there turning in to **** and lee is taking there place at the top but one of the best thing lee makes is the auto disk drop it has it trouble but you can mod it and make it do what you want it to and its cheep

Boolit Master

Now that the 8 year gun, ammo and reloading rush is over (and hopefully it stays gone), companies that were running overtime shifts and selling everything before it went out the door will sit back, take a deep breath, start processing all their warranty returns and thinking, we gotta slow down and make things correctly again, not just make things.
    A few musings.

Banned
    all the old sand cast powder drops that i have ever seen have been right on this is the first one i have seen this fare off and i start checking with guy's buying the newer ones and they all look this bad and are off in the same way .... just it is sand casting dose not give a reason to not have it cut the right way .. all they need to do was cut it 1/16" of a inch the other way and it would of been fine ...to me it just seems like some one is to lazy to reset the mill or lathe to make it right or reprogram the CNC to be right i know its a pane in the *** to check every one but yo pay for it to be right not that far off . i would think the owner would get mad over something this bad leaving the shop .

Banned
    maybe this will help you see it better and i know my spelling is off will fix it sorry

Boolit Master
    It's what you get for $12.65 an hour.

Banned
    Well, $12.65 would be over paying them for their work. Its all about the almighty dollar. Make it cheap and sell it at 400% profit. By the way did you resolve the problem with Hornady before starting this thread? I don't buy without first seeing it in the flesh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast