WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: look at this trash i got form Hornady

Boolit Master
    I can see the problem but your initial description told me nothing.
    There is a good chance that Hornady subbed this out to a shop with non-English speakers who also know nothing about programming or the proper use of a 4 jaw chuck.
    All the steps on the edge of the cut look like some kiddie programmer was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by xfoxofshogo View Post
    maybe this will help you see it better and i know my spelling is off will fix it sorry

EDG

The rings around the internal circumference are intentional, to hold the plastic powder hopper in place. I also have six powder measures mounted on my bench and none of them use a powder baffle. As long as I keep a reasonable amount of powder in the hopper, they throw accurate charges. Of course, some powders meter better than others, but the powders I use for the majority of the 32 calibers I reload don't require a baffle in the hopper.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Bub
    Wow.. just wow.. sorry you're going through that.

I've got a pile of RCBS and Redding stuff. All my phone calls to RCBS have impressed me. No questions asked other than where to ship replacement parts nor have I ever been asked for my payment information.

Redding is expensive, but they seem to have interesting designs and QC that does not require many, if any, calls to the manufacturer.

I'll buy hornady's projectiles but that's about it. I sense that the rest of their equipment/stuff is outsourced/subcontracted.

Boolit Grand Master

Big fan of Hornady brass and bullets. I'll leave it at that.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Banned
    I lost a primer rod for my hand primer they sent me a set of up grades for free hate to tell them i need a 2 set for my other hand primer lol

Banned
    they have not emailed me or called to tell me whats going on or what they are going to do had it for 2 weeks now . I got a cool press i can't use LOL

Banned
    WOW just got a email they ship one back to me well see if it is right ^^

Boolit Master
    There comes a point in time where it gets real old to read/hear abut folks complaining. Over & over...

Around hereabouts, we call it, "Kickin a dead horse.".

Some "feel the pain", others hope you get a good result in the end, still others say, well "this product" is a better value you should of, or bought that one, so on & so on...

The slow death should be over soon, I hope. Someone please put it out of its' misery...

I am tired of seeing this topic pop up everyday in the "New" topics list.

Please.... let it die.
    Sheeesh...

2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Banned
    Well got my powder drop back and i guess it will work the powder baffle will sit the right way now but if you buy something new it needs to work like it was made to and not need to half rig it so it will

Boolit Buddy
    Its not just Hornady that lets things slip thru the cracks! Bought a Pro 2000 in 2014 and PM wouldnt throw a consistent charge. Emptied it and found out why. RCBS sent a new casting and plastic sleeve, works fine now!

Banned

ya that makes a lot of sense. Ive settled on hornady Dillon and rcbs products because they are quality and all three have exceptional customer service and lifetime warrantee. If any of them treats you bad its no doubt caused by your attitude when they deal with you. Start out by cusing and swearing and calling there product junk and good luck to you. Like with ANY company you can occasionaly get a phone rep having a bad day but if you keep your cool and explain your case they will take care of it. Let me ask you this beechbum if you bought a chevy at your local dealership and the check engine light came on would you first call that dealer or would you call the chev factory. What about your motorcycle, atv, a toaster oven you bought at Walmart. To me its pretty amazing that in our hobby the factorys even take the time to deal with us let alone have lifetime warrantees and take care of most things no questions asked even if its your fault it breaks. try bringing that chev back to the dealer with a 150k on it with dented bumper because you weren't paying attention and smashed into something and expect that dealer to replace it free no questions asked. I call it like I see it and am brutaly honest. I can say right now theres things I don't like about my LNL progressives. But that said ive NEVER had a lick of trouble with there customer service dept and ive used it on a number of occasions. Personaly I also think there powder measure design is hands down better then dillons.
    Quote Originally Posted by beechbum444 View Post
    I quit buying Hornady products. I had a set of new dies that would not chamber a round once reloaded. It was just a simple set of 2 piece FL dies. I called the customer service line and explained my issue to someone. The customer service rep told me that he could not do ANYTHING and I had to take it back to the store that I sold it to me. I threw them in the trash and I only buy RCBS products now
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 03-24-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Be as brutal and honest as you want. I've had very poor customer service from Hornady on multiple occasions. No cussing, no searing, no accusing, just trying to correct a problem and got treated like doodoo. In fact they still have stuff I bought and did not return it to me. No word from them to remedy the situation and when I tried to contact them I got put on hold and nobody ever picked up the phone. No more Hornady for me.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123