RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Balak and Balaam, book of Numbers

Balak and Balaam, book of Numbers

Has anyone heard of the doctrine of Balaam? I've read Numbers a few times now and missed it every time till I heard a radio minster talking about the church of Pergamos and the doctrine of Balaam. I've often wondered how Israel could misstep in the face of God.

You might know the story, Moabite King, Balak terrified of Israel asks the gentile profit, Balaam, to curse Israel to try and stop the fall Moab. Balaam ends up blessing Israel time after time and doesn't get his reward. The king finally gets mad sends Balaam home without pay and he says to Balak..well if you want to stop Israel just introduce the ladies of Moab to Israel and they will intermingle, marry and begin a fall into idolatry, immorality etc and God will punish Israel and stop their advance.

Reading Numbers I've just never seen it this way and answers a question I've had for years. At first I was mad thinking Balaam sold Israel for money. Then I realized a pattern, Balak married pagans to Jacob, Constantine married the Church to paganism. Evil watering down the word of God through mans selfish desires for lust, idolatry, sexual immorality.

Is the doctrine of Balaam still at work even today? It has to be a big deal if Jesus mentions him by name in Rev. 2:14
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Master
    Simple answer yes it's alive and well.

Greed has always been with us and will be tell He returns

Look at verses 2 Peter 2:15 and Joshua 13:22 to see the real Balaam profit for hire

Numbers 24 New International Version (NIV)

24 Now when Balaam saw that it pleased the Lord to bless Israel ,he did not resort to divination as at other times,but turned his face toward the wilderness. 2 When Balaam looked out and saw Israel encamped tribe by tribe, the Spirit of God came on him 3 and he spoke his message:
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Cultural Marxism.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Yeah, I think it is too. I think it opened my perspective of the forces at play in the time of Israel's departure from Egypt and why it was so important for Israel to know who God was. And so important for us to know who God is today. Balaam seemed to have created directions or a path for false teachers or anyone that works against the light.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Master

Oh yes, The same desires and sin slams in our face daily.