RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Saeco 4 cavity handle?

Boolit Buddy

Saeco 4 cavity handle?

I have my first Saeco 4C, actually first Saeco mould due in this week. I looked thru most of the stickies above and did not see the info I need, also means I could have missed it too!.............I have plenty of Lyman 4C, RCBS and Lee handles around here, will any of these work with a 4C Saeco mould? Thanks for the info - Bill in MA

Boolit Master
    You can use the lee 6 cavity handles if you open up the holes a little , I use a small chain saw file to file the holes large enough so the screw will fit through .

Boolit Master
    Saeco blocks take Saeco handles others may fit but I suspect some machining of the blocks or handles will be nessicery. I've RCBS,Lee,and NOE handles but can't recall if they will fit SAECO blocks.

Boolit Master
    For laughs I tried my RCBS and NOE handles the fit the slots but the screws on the SAECO block are larger than the holes in the handles. Enlarging the holes will weaken the where the screws go thru. It stinks but you'd best buy a set of SAECO handles.

Buy a SAECO handle.

Banned
    Attachment 216305

Here's a photo of RCBS handles (Top) and Saeco (bottom)

I use both handles interchangeably with RCBS & SAECO molds, including a 4 cavity SAECO mold. I prefer the Saeco handles due to their slightly longer handles and slightly larger diameter handles, but they are both good handles.

As stated previously, you may have to open up the holes in the RCBS handles just slightly to allow them to work with the SAECO pins. I had to remove a little bit of metal from the SAECO handles to allow them to work with RCBS molds The slot on the side of the RCBS molds is slightly narrower, but it was less than .005" and easily accomplished with a file.

BTW, the SAECO handles use forged ends that have a more sophisticated hinge design. The RCBS handles use stamped plates and a simple bolt for a hinge. BOTH designs are perfectly serviceable. The RCBS handles are slightly less expensive but we're talking about a tool that will last lifetime. If given the choice, I would go with the SAECO handles.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the detailed info, I have no problems investing in decent tools, I was just wondering if something I have on hand was readily usable, without modification. Thanks to all, Bill in MA

Moderator Emeritus

If you have RCBS handles, it is quite easy to get them working on SAECO moulds -- all one needs is use a #12 drill to enlarge their holes.
    geo

Boolit Buddy
    I just got my first Saeco recently too and Lee handles work just fine after you enlarge holes little bit. I just redrilled those little bit larger and they work on everything now.

Boolit Buddy
    I drilled a couple of extra holes in a Lyman large set of handles because I really preferred the smaller size handles while casting. I also had a set of the saeco handles that I cut a couple of inches off of the wood handles, this made them much easer to use, but I still liked the Lyman handles better. The toolman.

Boolit Master

There are 4cav Saeco mold handles for sale in S&S...dale