On the same visit listed above, I asked Doug to work on my 357 maximum, which had essentially no forcing cone, and a very bad habit of splattering everyone in the vicinity with pieces of bullets whenever fired with factory rounds. It is well known that Ruger will never allow these revolvers to return to the owner if submitted for repair.
He completed the forcing cone operation to perfection, as well as adding his optional single action trigger job for the group blackout action. It significantly improved a long-standing problem with creep that I only appreciated after-the-fact. Again, test trying today revealed a very welcome absence of any unexpected facial perforation or bleeding. Lead bullet testing remains to be performed, but seems to be a reasonable option now that the forcing cone has been created.

At my request, he also crowned and throated two pistols, a 9 mm, and a 40 Smith $wesson , both Springfield XDM models.He pointed out that these were extremely hard material, but happened to have newly reamers, up to the task. He also crowned these pistols with his Jig that centers on the border rather than the outside of the barrel, resulting in a much more concentric case. I asked for the throating in order to better handle longer cast bullets,and was very satisfied today with the results indicating much cleaner more condition after shooting, as well as very enhanced accuracy. I had no idea that either of these handguns could be so greatly improved by such an intervention.