RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
PBcastco Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starline 375 Win?

Boolit Buddy

Starline 375 Win?

As many do, I have a lot of projects going and don't always check in on all sections of the few firearm forums I do frequent. While checking out the Starline Brass site earlier, I saw that they have a spot for 375 Win brass, but are out of stock/no back orders at this time. https://www.starlinebrass.com/brass-cases/375-Win/ not sure if that works......but you get the idea!
    No wanting to bug them with this basic question, but have they released 375 Win before?, or have they just got their website set up, so if/when they do, it's just a matter of switching it to "in stock/ ready to order"? I'd love to acquire more, to add to the meager stash of original 375 brass, that I have on hand. Thanks - Bill in MA

Ask them. They'll tell you when the next run is scheduled

info@starlinebrass.com

If I remember correctly, I got an order from them in September of 2016. They waited until they got enough confirmed orders for a run.
    Last edited by Skipper; 03-12-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    I wasn't sure if I missed a previous run, if they made one. I've emailed them a few times in the past about making 348 brass. I thought I'd reach out here first to see if I missed something. Thanks for the info. Bill in MA

Sign up to be notified when they do make it, that probably gives them a clue as to the interest.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by msp2640 View Post
    As many do, I have a lot of projects going and don't always check in on all sections of the few firearm forums I do frequent. While checking out the Starline Brass site earlier, I saw that they have a spot for 375 Win brass, but are out of stock/no back orders at this time. https://www.starlinebrass.com/brass-cases/375-Win/ not sure if that works......but you get the idea!
    No wanting to bug them with this basic question, but have they released 375 Win before?, or have they just got their website set up, so if/when they do, it's just a matter of switching it to "in stock/ ready to order"? I'd love to acquire more, to add to the meager stash of original 375 brass, that I have on hand. Thanks - Bill in MA
    They have told me with other brass that the more times it comes in as a request - the more likely they are to increase production. They are very nice and always address any questions I have had in the past.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Go to Track Of The Wolf they have in stock

Boolit Buddy
    Checking back in, The day I saw it, I signed up to be notified. I have emailed them in the past, especially for 375 and 348 Win brass. Was just wondering if I had missed an announcement on a 375 Win release. I do have alot of their other lever and handgun caliber brass here and they have been great to deal with when ordering directly. Hopefully we hear soon - Thanks Bill!

The question I have, is Starline 375Win brass actually 375 brass or just drawn from same stock as
    38/55 and 30/30 ?

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Good question Dmr50, I'm hoping that their caliber specific brass is virgin created. Not a bastardized brass from some other caliber like what buffalo does. I emailed them last week re some 348 winny, they said it was 12 weeks out, left them a note to increase stocks on 348 since so many other cases are made from 348 by those of us who shoot calibers that no brass is made for anymore. I was needing some for a 12,7x44R, but them being out had a silver lining, found out 50 Alaskan works better and so many less steps to go through to get finish brass.

Banned

Not .30-30 stock, at least.
    I have been emailing them for years to make 30-30 and they never onced answered my inquires, until now

"John,
    We are currently working on .375 Winchester. Once we get that squared away we will probably look at .30-30."

Hope there isn't anyone still holding their breath since 2015 or from March of this year! Seems that every new "wunder" cartridge that appears from around the corner takes priority ... and creates a new powder shortage to go with it!

I have been using Starline's long (2.125") 38-55 brass in my Marlin 375 for
    cast bullet loads with satisfaction. Works like a charm.
    The insulated state in which nature has placed the American continent should so far avail it that no spark of war kindled in the other quarters of the globe should be wafted across the wide oceans which separate us from them." -- Thomas Jefferson

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by pressonregardless View Post
    I have been using Starline's long (2.125") 38-55 brass in my Marlin 375 for
    cast bullet loads with satisfaction. Works like a charm.

pressonregardless,

What boolits are you using in your loads and what velocity and pressures are you loading to?

I'm using the Accurate 38-200AG mould - 25 gr of 5744. I don't honestly know the velocity or pressure,
    but it isn't anything close to being full throttle. I'm still not where I want to be with this combination but
    it sure looks promising at this point.
    The insulated state in which nature has placed the American continent should so far avail it that no spark of war kindled in the other quarters of the globe should be wafted across the wide oceans which separate us from them." -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

I've used their 38-55 brass in my #3 for years. Max load of Reloader 7 (for 220 grain, Lyman book) under a Sierra 200 grain SP. Over a dozen reloads, haven't lost a case yet, no pressure signs.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Well that's great to hear. I knew when I bought this model 375 marlin it was an oddie, so whenever I saw ammo for it back in 1981 and onward I bought it. Especially if it was Winchester brand in the factory 250 loading. Nice to have a alternative if needed. Has anyone cut a casing of starline's 38-55 lengthwise to compare wall thicknesses from mouth to base against Winchester's thicker case walls ????

I haven't any Starline 38/55 to compare to Win. The thing is you might as well blow out 30/30
    than pay for SL 38/55, especially if loading cast. I had 375 Wins when they were first out. Never
    hunted one but loaded a fooled with them. When Ohio deer season came along I had to beat out
    a rifle and blowout cases. Since, I've managed to scounge up several hundred new brass and a
    couple hundred 1x. I think averaged $1@ for new brass and bought or traded a lot of it right here
    on forum. There is 4 of us using 375W, 2Ruger#3s & 2 T/Cs. Looking to upgrade T/Cs to #3s but
    have enough brass that I'm holding out for Winchester brass. We are only using them for deer and
    4 single shots don't burn up much ammo.

Well I can tell you that the cartridge is good for Elk right along with deer and I would not worry about it on bear other than the bigger bears of Alaska. Here's a small elk from the La Sal mountains of Utah that went down with one well placed shot as he was running through the scrub oaks at the transition of black jack pine and aspen.

It's one gun I will never part with. Has handled everything no problemo.

Has anyone else noticed the short length (2.009 and typo 2.104") of the Starline 375 Win brass on their website? My 1978 BB94 has a chamber that accepts brass 2.045" long and when loaded with the 220 Hornady puts the OAL at around 2.548". This is where the 38-55 brass trimmed to my chamber length really shines. Too bad that the brass manufacturers can't give us a "basic" brass which is long so we can trim it to our desired length.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    Well that's great to hear. I knew when I bought this model 375 marlin it was an oddie, so whenever I saw ammo for it back in 1981 and onward I bought it. Especially if it was Winchester brand in the factory 250 loading. Nice to have a alternative if needed. Has anyone cut a casing of starline's 38-55 lengthwise to compare wall thicknesses from mouth to base against Winchester's thicker case walls ????
    My 375 bigbore got sold (yeah stoopid happens) I used the proceeds to get me into a 348 browning 71 so thought I was upgrading at the time.
    Made most of my 375 cases from PMC 30/30 - sectioned one and I couldnt see any lack of thickness - load was 38 grains of RE7 under a 250 cast gascheck - it bit both ends but was slick as a whisker and the best made '94 I have had.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast