Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starline 375 Win?

Boolit Master
    I once had a bunch of new 30-30 brass and .375 Winchester brass together at the same time. I decided to see if the claim that .375 brass was heavier was true. I weighed a bunch of each and compared them. The .375 Winchester brass was a little heavier -- on average, 5% heavier. What was more interesting was the weight spread.

The lightest .375 W brass was lighter than the heaviest 30-30 brass. They overlapped -- by quite a bit. I don't know what the allowed manufacturing tolerance is for brass, but it looked to me like the 5% difference could have been manufacturing tolerance rather than something done deliberately.

Boolit Buddy
    Graf & Sons lists Bertram Brass 3.25" Basic 30-30 in stock. You just don't want to hear the price ($72.99 for 20 pieces).
    I have a number of boxes of the old CIL Canadian brass for 38-55 that is longer than either the current Winchester or the long Starline. See them all the time at gun shows. Factory loads shoot good too. Plus I think the brass is better quality than the current runs of Winchester.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    I never could get my brain around Bertram Brass and their prices. Don't own any, and don't plan on ever owning any. Seems they also like to split a lot too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12