RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

Peter began to say to Him, "See, we have left all and followed You." MARK 10:28
    Our Lord replies to this statement of Peter by saying that this surrender is “for My sake and the gospel’s” (10:29). It was not for the purpose of what the disciples themselves would get out of it. Beware of surrender that is motivated by personal benefits that may result. For example, “I’m going to give myself to God because I want to be delivered from sin, because I want to be made holy.” Being delivered from sin and being made holy are the result of being right with God, but surrender resulting from this kind of thinking is certainly not the true nature of Christianity. Our motive for surrender should not be for any personal gain at all. We have become so self-centered that we go to God only for something from Him, and not for God Himself. It is like saying, “No, Lord, I don’t want you; I want myself. But I do want You to clean me and fill me with Your Holy Spirit. I want to be on display in Your showcase so I can say, ‘This is what God has done for me.’ ” Gaining heaven, being delivered from sin, and being made useful to God are things that should never even be a consideration in real surrender. Genuine total surrender is a personal sovereign preference for Jesus Christ Himself.
    Where does Jesus Christ figure in when we have a concern about our natural relationships? Most of us will desert Him with this excuse— “Yes, Lord, I heard you call me, but my family needs me and I have my own interests. I just can’t go any further” (see Luke 9:57-62). “Then,” Jesus says, “you ‘cannot be My disciple’ ” (see Luke 14:26-33).
    True surrender will always go beyond natural devotion. If we will only give up, God will surrender Himself to embrace all those around us and will meet their needs, which were created by our surrender. Beware of stopping anywhere short of total surrender to God. Most of us have only a vision of what this really means, but have never truly experienced it.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Grand Master

Amen and amen. Creating a god who will deal with me and who owes me is the process of paganism. When I deal with God and think I am in control, in any way, I am a pagan at that moment.

God is completely outside our control, supreme in His management of our lives as He has had them in His mind since before the beginning of the world. He prepares us to do good works that He has prepared for us, again, before the foundations of the earth. We can only respond to His grace with awe and gratitude, and act out of that.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen and well said Wayne.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you Ronnie and thank you Wayne . Excellent reminder that we are to serve selflessly to him to whom we have surrendered .
    No turning back , No turning back !