RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kel-Tec Sub2000 problem

Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    I finally got around to tinkering with it again. The front sight jam nut was TIGHT. I had to make some covers for my vice jaws to hold it tight enough without marring. Once I got it loose the sight spun easily on the threads.

It took a while tinkering with it at the range to get it straight like it should be, but I finally got it there. It looks good, the sight post is right where it should be, and the groups are centered on the target. Accuracy seems decent for what it is. My informal plinking produced groups around an inch to an inch and a half in general, at 25 yards. That works fine for me, for what it is.

It still mars the round a bit going into the chamber, but not near as badly now.
    You are definitely working the bugs out , shows you are "inclined" to deal with things yourself.
    you will be proud of the results.
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Fatelk: You will like the gun, there is something about a little gun that can spit out pistol rounds faster than you can load them.

They were originally designed to be a police back up using the same ammo and mags as the service pistol.

They make into a very good and compact 100 yard gun, and with a little practice and with the long Glock Mags (33 round) if you had to go into Walmart to extract your wife with bullets flying, you'd be well armed.

Mine is a Gen I in .40 S&W and I have slightly modified it to what you see in the pics. It has a Bushnell TRS 25 Red Dot sight on it which makes target acquisition much faster than the irons.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I'm a bit interested in the method of mounting your TRS25. Are you shooting it left handed? Left-eyed? Or is it mounted to rotate the gun to shoot with the grip horizontal to the ground? Or is it some kind of swing mount? I don't think I've seen one like it.
    Avatar - 2006, my oldest son (6'2"), trying to lift the 95lb Cobia he caught at Cape Hatteras, NC from the beach.

Banned

I think what hes doing is using a quick release base and just sticking on one of the rails when folded and putting it back on top when shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBXPilgrim View Post
    I'm a bit interested in the method of mounting your TRS25. Are you shooting it left handed? Left-eyed? Or is it mounted to rotate the gun to shoot with the grip horizontal to the ground? Or is it some kind of swing mount? I don't think I've seen one like it.

Boolit Master

What kind of accuracy do you guys get out of your Sub-2000? It seems that about the best I can do consistently is most rounds in about 3" groups at 50 yards (from sandbags using my very best marksmanship abilities despite the terrible sights and trigger pull) with some flyers further out.

It's good enough for busting clay targets out on the berm 75 yards away, and I still like it. I'm just wondering if there's any point in trying to find a better load for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12