Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2PBcastco
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: w30wcf has passed

Boolit Master
    R.I.P. sir.Condolences to and prayers for his family and friends.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    From his posts, he seemed like a great guy... He will be missed... Prayers for him and his family.... Dale

John will be greatly missed. He ran the annual Cast Bullet Silhouette match that my son and I looked forward to and shot each year at Ridgway PA. About as laid back and kind a man as you could ever meet. We had much fun with him. He cared about his shooting buddies and wouldn't hesitate to share his love of Christ. RIP John. Your pain is gone and rewards many.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    John and I have been friends for many years and if you do a search you will find where we really dug in deep on our favorite cartridge, the 44wcf. We both designed bullets that Accurate molds has in his catalog.
    John could use my bullet if he didn't shoot a lot of rounds but that 24 in. barrel Marlin needed more lube. That is why he designed his with a larger lube groove.
    John gave me a repo Winchester 1875 catalog about 6 or 7 years ago and I keep it by my recliner so that I may read it and think about those many conversations we had. He will be in my mind until my time to join him arrives. Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Grand Master

John will be missed. I always appreciated the time John gave and the advice. R.I.P.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by cajun shooter View Post
    John and I have been friends for many years and if you do a search you will find where we really dug in deep on our favorite cartridge, the 44wcf. We both designed bullets that Accurate molds has in his catalog.
    John could use my bullet if he didn't shoot a lot of rounds but that 24 in. barrel Marlin needed more lube. That is why he designed his with a larger lube groove.
    John gave me a repo Winchester 1875 catalog about 6 or 7 years ago and I keep it by my recliner so that I may read it and think about those many conversations we had. He will be in my mind until my time to join him arrives. Later David
    That's right! I forgot that my Winchester catalog came from him. Thanks for reminding me. Also, the other day I loaded some 44WCF bullets that he had sent me for testing (these were "leftovers") and fired them in his honor.

Griff

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

John has been heavy on my mind since I posted about my Winchester short range mold on Feb.24.
    I noticed I had not read a post from him in a while. I enjoyed so much of his work and he will be sincerely missed.
    R.I.P my friend.

Boolit Master
    Planning to meet you soon, Mr Kort.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Sad to hear of his passing, but its a good thing to here he Is a follower of Christ. I didnt know him, but I talked to him a few times and I enjoyed reading his posts.

Boolit Buddy
    Just a note to all of the people who knew and loved John Kort. I still think of him often and lovingly. Take some time to remember him today, for no reason other than he deserves it.

Boolit Man
    I agree.
    I will.
    John was a wonderful, generous man. He shared knowledge with everyone.
    Great fun to discuss short range cartridges one day and high performance, heavy bullet, .45 colt rifles the next.
    John was always "up to something."
    His passing is a Big Loss to the Shooting World.
    Slim

We all get called home eventually.

RIP brother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12