RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Charlie Daniels

Boolit Master

Charlie Daniels

Sad to report that Charlie Daniels passed away at 83, huge part of my musical past

"Gather 'round, gather round children, be proud, you can be proud here, get down, you can get down here, get loud, you can be loud here, be proud you're a rebel 'cause the south's gonna do it again!"

So many other songs, but a favorite was "Wichita Jail"
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Bub
    Charlie, Johnny cash, Glen Campbell. I grew up listening to them.

Boolit Master
    He will be missed, his music was a big part of a very good part of my life, great memories. I’ll play Long Haired Country Boy on the way home, yep good memories!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    I'm sorry to hear this. I'm a long-time fan; saw him in concert once in the early '80s. RIP, Charlie.

Drove from Louisville, KY to somewhere in Tennessee (sorry, can't remember where anymore) in a VW bus loaded down with 5 friends in the 70's to see him and others in concert. Had a great time from what I remember of it. I was a foggy time of my life.

He will be missed by many.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    Slim, that sounds like Volunteer Jam 1, May have seen you there!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

R.I.P. to a true patriot.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. " --(Thomas Jefferson)

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug pusher an unlicensed pharmacist."

When you put Political Correctness ahead of justice, you get no justice.
    Mark Fuhrman

Boolit Master

I grew up just north of Nashville. When I was 14 or so in about 1973 a few of my friends and I were riding our bicycles around the neighborhood and heard music, pretty loud, coming from one of the houses. We stopped at the end of the drive to listen. After a while a fellow came out of the house and down the drive to talk to us. He invited us into the house to listen. We asked who was playing? He told us it was a new band, the Charlie Daniels Band! I later learned that we were at the house of Charlie's bus driver and it was the best place they had to practice. I have been a fan every since. About two years later I went to what I believe to be his first show in the then new Opry House located at Opryland.
    RIP Charlie!
    Rick

Boolit Master
    Music plays on a higher level now

Boolit Buddy

Want to beat back those corona virus blues? There is a You Tube from CDB's Volunteer Jam 6 where he and his band are backing Ted Nugent on Chuck Berry's classic "Carol". Ol' Charlie could sure rock and roll. Hope you enjoy it.....