WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee Precision

Thread: dillon's little secret

Boolit Master

dillon's little secret

Dillon does it again (but doesn’t tell anyone.) Once upon a time I had a friend that had more money than brains and owed me a favor. Cutting to the chase, he gave me his Dillon RF-100 auto primer filler machine. Since I love toys I went about getting it back in shape—fun is where you find it.

Anyway, the machine has a small flat plastic plate #17294 that keeps primers from flipping before they go down the tube. After a number of Houston summers this plate warped and I had to hold it slightly up to make it work—so much for the automatic feature.

Emailed Dillon and they sent me a free part BUT this part has been upgraded. It’s twice as thick, made out a different plastic and has an “S” on it instead of the “A” or “B” like the original ones.

Of course it works better but much like there at least 3 redesigns of the SDB handle you don’t know about it till you email them for replacement parts.

So now you know . . .
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Banned
    I can't afford a primer tube loader right now when I have other things I need.

One would be an expensive luxury for me.
    Last edited by 6bg6ga; 03-13-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Banned
    They don't tell you there is something better until you can't tolerate the part they had to upgrade.

Boolit Master

fairly normal for any kind of machine that has been in production for any length of time.

AMEN Lefty!!! If Dillon didn't tell you that a particular part has been upgraded, that means that you didn't ask. If you didn't bother to ask, you have no room to itch about it. BUT THAT NEVER STOPS the snowflakes who think Dillon took them to raise when they bought a Dillon press.
    The America I love was when the engine was a V-8, the exhausts were dual, the shift was four on the floor, the white walls were wide, the chrome was thick, the women were straight, and there was no such thing as the as the EPA.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Prince View Post
    BUT THAT NEVER STOPS the snowflakes who think Dillon took them to raise when they bought a Dillon press.
    As I need to keep reminding what my wife says, "My humor is an acquired taste."

OP was meant to be a 'cute' way to point out a Dillon upgrade--such is life
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Black Prince View Post
    AMEN Lefty!!! If Dillon didn't tell you that a particular part has been upgraded, that means that you didn't ask. If you didn't bother to ask, you have no room to itch about it. BUT THAT NEVER STOPS the snowflakes who think Dillon took them to raise when they bought a Dillon press.

I see a single snow-flake in this thread, and it is not the O/P

Boolit Buddy
    O P seems to be O K. I saw it as an FYI post.

Ditto, aside from how does one know to ask about getting a free upgrade for a part they don't know has been upgraded? Sending part in for a replacement would be only way to find out if true that Dillion doesn't publish that information. Or of course people such as the OP taking the time to provide a heads up post for the other Dillion users.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

everyone can quit being butthurt!! im sure if you wear out a part or have issues with it and call, youll get the upgraded part, that simple. if you have one, and its not causing you any problems, who cares! any product that has been around for any length of time tends to get upgrades or modifications from the maker, and dont matter what it is, if its not a safety item they dont just automatically send out parts to anyone who has ever bought the thing. one thing is for certain, with the exception of the 1050, you cant beat dillons warranty. something breaks, you call them and they get a new one in the mail. that simple.

Boolit Man
    I sort of understand but, as long as it works there is no need. If it fails it will be replaced by a part that should last even better. I don't see any malice in Dillon's actions. All they owe me is a product that works.

Seems to me that all’s well that ends well.

Ditto, aside from how does one know to ask about getting a free upgrade for a part they don't know has been upgraded?

With threads like these, thanks for the heads up. Mine is running like a top right now so I don’t want to touch it but will keep this in mind.

I have had Lee presses a RCBS Press that I traded off to a member here now I have a Dillon I could not ask for a better press than Dillon and there warranty you can not beat D Crockett

Boolit Mold
    Why would someone want to replace a part that is working?

If it isn't working, Dillon replaces it, where is the beef with that?

I have had a 550B for over 10 years anyway, never had an issue that Dillon didn't more than take care of. (Wouldn't let me pay for parts that I broke myself and told them it was my fault.)

The only problem I have with Dillon is I hate their website, so I usually just call them instead.

Fyrd

Boolit Master

Agree the website is harder to use than the last version, at least for myself. Guess I am a bit of a dinosaur as I do like paper catalogs.

I always just call them who can’t remember 1-800-.223-45-70?

Then send the Blue Press every month so I even have part numbers if I need them.

Boolit Master

I just fill in the 'contact customer service' form and send it on its merry way

guess as long as it works it doesn't make a difference how to get in touch with them
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747

Boolit Bub
    Even if I knew there was an upgrade I probably won’t bother until my part broke. Unless it was safety related or improved the function dramatically.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sass2924 View Post
    Even if I knew there was an upgrade I probably won’t bother until my part broke. Unless it was safety related or improved the function dramatically.
    that's how I learned of the upgrade

plastic and Texas heat are not a good combination
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747