RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: WTT 10 Pounds of 60/40 solder for 8mm Mauser brass

WTT 10 Pounds of 60/40 solder for 8mm Mauser brass

I have a little more tin than I need, and I'd like more 8mm Mauser brass.

I have one 10 pound box (10.25 according to my scale) of solder. It was melted down from 63/37 solder, but the XFR gun says it's only 60% tin so I'll be conservative and go with that. They are in lyman and couple corncob ingots. Based on what I've seen others selling it for it's worth about $75 shipped I think.

I'm looking for boxer primed 8mm Mauser brass. I'm not interested in converted 30-06 brass, modified berdan primer brass etc. Once fired 8mm Mauser brass seems to be worth about 40 cents a round, so I'd like something like 185 cases, more or less.

The communists in IT at work block cast boolits now, so please forgive me if am I unable to reply during work hours.

Thanks

Look into public VPN connections. Stands for Virtual Private Network. Traffic through it is encrypted (private) and thus will probably not be readable by local IT department. It is how Chinese get past the Great Firewall of China imposed by their censors. Can't recommend any in particular but some Google time should yield some services to try. Tor browser is the other approach but VPN traffic looks like you are just talking to some "server" but that server is acting as an encrypted relay. Possibly less likely to trigger a work related block. Of course depends on how strict they are about IT at your work as to if that is a good idea.

I'm not in the market but as a point of general information would you accept cash for the solder? Then you could go buy some 8mm brass with the money. More people have cash than 8mm brass.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Not readable doesn't mean not noticable or not blockable. Public VPN endpoints are known and blocked by many IT departments.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Quote Originally Posted by HangFireW8 View Post
    Not readable doesn't mean not noticable or not blockable. Public VPN endpoints are known and blocked by many IT departments.
    True they can but often just block "blacklisted" web sites or ones with certain banned or disallowed words. Hospital wireless won't go here, vpn connection through hospital wireless will. The "violent" nature of the site is what gets it blocked at the hospital. All depends on what the IT department is trying to accomplish with blocking and how hard they are trying. Worth a try at using a VPN as long as it won't anger the powers-that-be.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Wow, we are remarkably far from the rails.

Getting somewhat back on track I’ll also consider trades for 8mm Lebel, 7mm Mauser. 7.5mm French, 32ACP, 32S&W long or I’ll trade the lot of 50 pounds of lead shipped. I'm not really interested in selling for cash.

Bump. I'm really not looking to sell. Swapping is a lot more fun than selling to me.