Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .25acp Beretta Model question

You are correct about 007. When "Q"gave him the PPK, he chided JB about his Beretta .25s lack of power- If IRC!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

As requested, here are two photos of the pistol, along with one of the 1936-manufactured holster which came with it.
    geo

Attachment 216595Attachment 216596Attachment 216597

Boolit Master
    BTW, there is no extractor on the Jetfire.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do, you are misinformed.
    - Mark Twain

When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade without further introduction.
    - Mark Twain

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Poygan View Post
    BTW, there is no extractor on the Jetfire.
    I believe the Jetfire, aka Model 950, was manufactured by P Beretta starting in (I think?) 1952 or 1953. The model I chanced upon was the one which preceeded it, with the patent date -- in Italiano, "Brevettato" followed by year in both Julian Calendar as well as the Fascist-calendar Roman numerals. Anglo translation of mine indicates simply that it was patented in 1939. I am definitely NOT a gunsmith, and ignorant re whether an extractor is present - I have yet to disassemble my new toy. However, as I noted in my post #21, here above, Numrich (aka Gun Parts Corp) both indicates there is one in the Model 418, and even offers a picture of it. Now 20* here -- first dry day above freezing, and I'll take it to range -- hopefully a learning, as well as fun outing.

geo

YOU ARE INDEED CORRECT -- the 950 has an ejector, but they list naught re an extractor. Thanks for this info! geo
    Last edited by georgerkahn; 03-17-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Only the tip up barrel models were sans extractor. All auto pistols have ejectors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, Texas by God, for your succinct words -- I've never heard it expressed so well! I knew my tip-up barrel .32acp does not have an extractor; again, NOT a gunsmith, I was not aware it was an across the board phenomena. The actual "innards" of a firearm being a second order variable to the prime one: that it functions flawlessly. I'm hoping this one will be at that level . The only "flaw" I've so far noted is the screw attaching the port-side (left) grip appears to have both a tad-too-large-diameter head, which also looks slightly boogered -- as you can clearly see in pictures I've posted. I'll be seeking a replacement screw, but if not findable, I suspect I can machine the screw present to make it look better, this assuming it is of correct thread.
    geo

Moderator Emeritus

Marshall -- While personally, I cannot agree with you more, I believe I would have too much to give up / lose should I attempt driving about in an unregistered motor vehicle; and, carry about an unregistered handgun. I sadly know first-hand of a nice .45 revolver which was sold to me that was apparently stolen. IF it was returned to its rightful owner, I never was informed. I was simply giving the choice of swapping the revolver for a paper receipt, or being charged with possession of stolen property -- not a tough choice to make. I was being a tad tongue-in-cheek with the very statement you quoted re our elected officials.
    To see "HOW" it is in northern New York, you may wish to read our laws in Albany region: https://ecode360.com/7682475
    I did not start this thread to do anymore than get some info on my new toy; and ever so appreciate the info generously given by those on this forum who replied. I'm retired, and most sadly do not have the wherewithal to move to a less gun-hating state, much less with a bum leg, the physical ability so to do. I laud your sentiments, and hopefully you, as well as others, can and will enact a change by, at the least, going to the polls and casting votes for those who at the least approximate our firearm-related desires. Perhaps -- on this site -- you might even start a new thread to get things going?
    BEST!
    geo

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    George,
    I have relatives in the Adirondack region and love the country, but chose to live elsewhere. I sympathize, and support you because those who believe they can be sovereign citizens are living on fantasy island, because the "gummint" already has their metadata... Cheers and beers.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    My "Wild" .25ACP loads are:
    50 grain FMJ ahead of 3.1 grains of BE-86 and WSP primers at .905" OAL.
    63 grain LEAD FP ahead of 3.0 grains of BE-86 and WSP primers at .905" OAL.
    I shoot them out of a Ruger Custom .25ACP Single Eight revolver with a 10-5/8" long barrel (~12" muzzle to frame recoil face) Built on a converted .22CAL Ruger Convertible Single Six Frame.
    I estimate the Pressures at around 25,000psi to 30,000psi MAP.
    I have not Chronographed the Loads yet.
    Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    @georgekahn,

OK, no more comments about NY laws. Being a masochist, I reload 25 ACP to keep myself in (reasonably priced) ammo. I have plenty of tips and ideas if you want to get into this. One of the main things you will want is a custom Lee taper FCD to make sure the finished rounds chamber properly. The other main problem(s) are getting cases and projectiles. Because the cases are so small and look like 22LR cases on the ground the loss rate of cases is high. You can spread out a tarp, or capture the cases in a net if you really want to get most of your cases back. I lucked up a couple of years ago and found several thousand primed cases and 50 gr FMJ projectiles online at a good price. I have a number of loading I have worked up that take the round from anemic factory levels to slightly wild, but still within SAAMI limits. I also shoot cast bullets that I make in 44 gr (HP) and 46 gr (solid) weights. Admittedly, it is a labor of love, but for me at least, I find it is only slightly more work than reloading larger calibers like 32 ACP and 380 ACP. I fire these rounds in a Beretta Jetfire 950BS which is a wonderful little pistol. Enjoy your new pistol.

Marshall
    Thanks for the .25 ACP reloading tips. Just got a Colt pistol with a nickel finish at a LGS. Over the years I have picked up about a hundred pieces of brass, and bought six varieties of loaded ammo to try out. Been debating about reloading...and casting?
    "Semper quaerendo plumbum"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12