Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gun show terminology

Banned
    Gun show creed:

Caveat Emptor

Boolit Master
    Saddest Gun show Scam:

I had a nice old Savage in 7mm. I took it to the show with intent of getting 250 bucks for it. It had a scope that I put on, but I had originally only paid 250 for it.....break even just to get rid of it. Well, it was near deer season, and this teenager came up to me asking how much I wanted for it. He told me he came to the show to buy his first deer rifle. I told him 250...he shook his head a little and told me he only had 150 bucks to find something shootable. Sooooooo......I sold the kid the rifle for 150 bucks with the intention of helping make a lifelong hunter. I was feeling pretty good about myself.

Then....I saw the kid come back in and run behind a table at the other end of the show. He was working the show for some relative. I didn't say anything to them. I just shook my head and made sure I made eye contact with both of them. There was no shame in their faces. They were so proud.

Boolit Master
    Been on both sides of the table over the last 50 years. Being behind the table really does give one a definite advantage. One of the funniest incidents I remember was a buddy of mine who had a table at the Searcy, Arkansas show about 20 years ago. He had an 03-A3 that after looking it over I thought it had been cut down about 2 or 3 inches for some unknown reason. Weird but the stock fit fine and so on. I asked old Craig what had happened to it? He said that is a genuine Tanker 03-43 - government built 'em special for Polish troops who weren't used to semi-autos like Garands. And then this younger feller wandered up and bought the thing while we were laughing about it. Just shows to go you. It was funny - a fraud on a fraud.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234