MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationPBcastcoLee PrecisionLoad Data
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Denny Ducet video - March Shoot: WInter Walk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    Good info in that article, but it can't be overlooked that the author blamed the range officer for his loading mistake. His gun, his mistake, distraction or not.
    i don't see it that way at all. the plugged touch hole was NOT a mistake, it's just something that happens. it could have been found out by blowing down the barrel and observing the touch hole as well as noting the increase in barrel air pressure (the blown air had nowhere to go). there was no direct blame levelled at the RO, it just is what it is, thanx to the NMLRA.

"Distracted by the range officer’s outburst, this had gone right by me, and as a result, I now had some unnecessary and potentially hazardous work to do - removing a charged ball, that I feel could have been easily avoided."

Boolit Master
    Mistake, oversight, he still blamed it on a distraction. A crow crowed too loudly, a car horn spooked me...
    His gun, his oversight. I'll bet that's why he wrote the article - to vindicate himself.
    "It’s A Libertarian Thing"... You want autonomy? Be responsible.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    Mistake, oversight, he still blamed it on a distraction. A crow crowed too loudly, a car horn spooked me...
    His gun, his oversight. I'll bet that's why he wrote the article - to vindicate himself.
    "It’s A Libertarian Thing"... You want autonomy? Be responsible.
    this thread is not the place to argue over semantics - take it to me offline if need be.

Boolit Master
    Public ranges can be strange critters.....I shoot at one that brags about it's outdoor pistol range but insisted on single load, single fire. I am sure that the range officers have nightmares about the reasons for these strict rules. On the other hand one can never learn safe gun handling with a fully loaded pistol/revolver at that range.

I certainly don't have an issue with blowing down an empty rifle barrel.....and it seems to me those who blow down a loaded barrel will thin their ranks on their own. Dumb *** people make for dumb *** rules.

Boolit Master
    Not semantics - facts. I didn't post the link to the article- I was just responding to it.

Got to agree with Rich & Rob about blowing down the just fired bbl. (single shot, of course) to eliminate sparks. I was disciplined for doing so at a local woods walk, but I did that at the same club another time when my normally ultra-reliable Lyman GPR (cap lock) wouldn't fire with nary a word being said. After firing 3 caps to no effect, trying to clear the "obstruction" with a CO2 device, and not wanting to hold up the line any longer, I just blew down the bbl. and knew immediately [by the
    the air coming out of the nipple] that I forgot to add powder and ball. (My bad and and a real head up my rear end day to boot!*). These days, I only blow down the bbl. when I shoot by myself and never at woods walks, etc. due to the zealots among us. Btw, Battis' point is well taken: Ultimately it is our responsibility to proceed in a safe manner.

*I also managed to really stick my range rod in the bbl. that day as well + shoot miserably, but happily, things
    have improved since then.

P.S. Rob, I'll pick you up on my way to Flathead Lake in May. (LOL)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    ... P.S. Rob, I'll pick you up on my way to Flathead Lake in May. (LOL)
    paul, i'll be ready and i'll split the gas and food tabs with ya. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbsup.gif 
Views:	114 
Size:	139 Bytes 
ID:	216289

Banned
    We can't blow down the bore at rendezvous but they do allow a tube to stick in the bore and blow into it. I don't do either.

Boolit Master
    Interesting stuff I read here. And it also re- affirms why I will not be a member of any shooting club...

"politics"...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Watched this one yesterday, looked like a beautiful winter day!

Ric, what were you shooting in this one? It looked different than the ones you've used in Denny's previous videos.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Watched this one yesterday, looked like a beautiful winter day!

Ric, what were you shooting in this one? It looked different than the ones you've used in Denny's previous videos.
    That's my Christian Springs transitional rifle, .62.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    That's my Christian Springs transitional rifle, .62.
    Ah...

Rifled or smooth?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Ah...

Rifled or smooth?

As it says, rifle!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    As it says, rifle!
    Sorry Ric, brain fart LOL!

Banned

a "smooth rifle" would be a smoothbore with rear sight!

Boolit Master
    Rob,
    Keep posting the videos, I sure do enjoy them.
    Bob
    SMOKELESS IS JUST A PASSING FAD!-STEVE GARBE

FORMER NJ HUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
    GOA LIFE MEMBER
    SASS LIFE MEMBER

ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME!
    "ANY MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN BE HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS BY LETTING THE GOVERNMENT TAKE CARE OF HIM, BETTER TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE AMERICAN INDIAN!"-HENRY FORD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12