Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Impact bullet puller?

Which Impact bullet puller?

I need a bullet puller occasionally. Does it make any difference which brand I go with? RCBS is temping me with their warranty, but other than that, I dont have any inclination if there are differences in quality.

Boolit Master
    From what I understand they all work about the same but rcbs gets the vote when it comes to warantee.

Boolit Buddy
    I have used the rcbs warranty and they made me mail the broken one in at about the same cost as just buying a new one.

I've had better luck with RCBS, they've never made me send anything in. Last time I was at cabelas, they had an impact puller with their name on it. Not sure who made it, but if im not mistaken, they will warranty it for life.

I have the Frankford Arsenal puller. It works fine.

Boolit Master

I broke TWO RCBS bullet pullers a few years back, shipped back to RCBS.They replaced both without question.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    I like my Quinetics puller. It's twenty-eight years old this year. It has "Distributed by RCBS" written on it.

https://www.quineticscorp.com/products/

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jimkim; 03-09-2018 at 05:11 AM.

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Quote Originally Posted by jimkim View Post
    I like my Quinetics puller. It's twenty-eight years old this year. It has "Distributed by RCBS" written on it.

https://www.quineticscorp.com/products/

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
    I like their Uni-Chuck I have a couple of them.
    "Hollow Points"-"From Those Who Care Enough To Send The Very Best"

I have 2 and one is a RCBS . What I like about it have different case holders that the other one I got many years ago that I do not know the name anymore only have one.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Banned
    A puller is a puller period. When used with a small amount of grey matter they will last your lifetime and someone elses. It just don't matter who made it but I have the Dillon simply because it was there when I got the urge to buy.

Boolit Grand Master

I recently bought another one. After reading the reviews I chose RCBS just because of their warranty. I much prefer a collet type puller if the bullet is long enough for the collet to grab. Sometimes the impact puller is the only thing that will work.

I have the Frankford Arsenal model.
    I cussed it some until I read here about just using a shell holder.

Since then it has been a problem free existance for both of us.

Boolit Master
    I get the impression that most or all of them are made by Quinetics, whoever distributes them. RCBS might replace them for free, so that might be the best deal, although the best warranty is the one that never needs to be used.

My first Quinetics broke after a couple months. They sent me a new one, no questions asked.

That one broke after 40 years of service. Quinetics gave me a discount on a new one after I sent them a picture of the broken one. It has a better holding chuck than the old three-section ones, less likely to wear out. I wore out two of the old ones and started using a shell holder, the extra weight of which probably helped in breaking the thing.

I didn’t feel that Quinetics owed me anything on the old one. The plastic head broke behind the handle, so I filled the front part with epoxy and lead shot and use it for tapping on stuff that I’m setting up for machining.

Meanwhile, I’m bashing the snot out of the new one, with no problems. People who sneer at “plastics” are really missing something.

Boolit Master
    I've probably used them all; thought they were all basically the same.

Boolit Bub
    I have the Frankford Arsenal. I bought it because it was the least expensive one I could get locally. It works fine. My father has one of the RCBS versions that is well over 20 years old.

Boolit Buddy
    I have used my RCBS inertia bullet puller for over 30 years and still going strong. The head has mushroomed a tad and I have gone through several o-rings and metal shell holders. RCBS sent me several one time, but I like that almost every gun shop with reloading supplies carries the replacement shell holder. I have really whacked that thing a million times and still works great.

However, I gave up trying to pull .223 bullets. I got a Hornady LnL collet puller (press mounted) and it is way better for the lighter bullets. I use it for all rifle bullets and the RCBS inertia puller for pistol bullets.

Boolit Master

I have an Quinetics that I have been using for 20 years or so now. I have pulled down hundreds of loads with it and it is still going strong. I do use shell holders of the appropriate caliber instead of the collet though. Works much better and faster to change cartridges also. I had a Midway puller that lasted for about 5 years but the handle finally broke off at the hammer head. I like my Quinetics and take care of it. james
    Last edited by TNsailorman; 03-09-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Quinetics or replace your inertial puller's chuck with Quinetics's Uni-Chuck! I've been using their uni-chuck in my RCBS for at least 10 years.
    "An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out." Will Rogers

Boolit Grand Master

Many years ago I got one from Graf's. Who knows who actually made it though and the only reason it broke was I got some chlorinated brake clean over spray on it and it degraded the plastic. A few whacks later the threaded knpb split. I'm of the opinion like some above, an impact puller is an impact puller and buying a product because it has a "good" warranty is like betting it will fail...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

I have a RCBS puller and would not have any thing else D Crockett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast