Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: A source of Martini parts

Boolit Master

A source of Martini parts

I have most of the parts to restore a MkII Martini-Henry to life, and I have just bought a barrel from this source:

http://www.martinihenry.org/index.php?route=common/home

I don't know how far it is a society rather than a business venture, for there is no mention of joining it. These things evolve. But they do seem to know about parts identification and interchangeability - although I notice a wrong picture or two. My barrel, £99.95 for what they describe as Grade 2, with rear sight bed still attached, is splendid value. The bore is excellent, with fine toolmarks visible till they join the throat. there is a tiny dark patch in one groove about four inches from the muzzle, but it doesn't affect a land, and it is eight just staining or a pit so shallow that a light touch of a brush has brightened the bottom of it. I can't see a patched bullet taking any notice of it. The only thing I can see coming between it and Grade 1 would be some external pitting which would be under the stock wood, but it isn't at all bad.

Boolit Buddy
    Neil A. Is one of the operators. Facebook has a decent Martini Henry page. I bought a Sight ladder and new mainspring. Easy ordering, and fast delivery (at least across the big lake).
    Mk II bring back from a sand country.

IMA +1 for a firing pin

X-ring - nice dies.

Boolit Master
    I believe the only thing they won't export is complete rifles, although they would be antiques, and totally uncontrolled as long as not owned for use, within the UK. Our exemption runs up until 1939 manufacture, but unlike the US pre-1899 standard, depends on the ammunition being no longer in common production. .303 Martinis are relatively cheap in the UK as a result, and they don't do them at all. If you want one of their complete .577/.450 Martinis (which are probably more reliably described than most). quoting good sources on the import situation might convince them.

Boolit Buddy
    I've purchased a couple of small MH parts from Neil; it's great to have a parts resource in addition to IMA and Dyson, etc.