Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
Repackbox Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunbrockers ?

Boolit Master

Gunbrockers ?

I have bought a few guns over the years at Gunbrokers. But I very rarely bother going there much anymore.
    Seems most everything is so over priced. What are your thoughts?

Fly

Boolit Master

If you mean Gunbroker, all of my purchases in the last 3 years have been through Gunbroker. Where are you finding guns cheaper? I even got good deals on several Pre 64 Model 70's. No tax, some are free shipping and no CC fees on some new guns. Buy from sellers with good ratings and several sales. C & R's are right to your door and my FFL charges $20.00 for transfers.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

I see it as a clearing house for the gun dealers. If they have one that hasn't sold for a while that's where they put it. Use to get deal at the local Pawn shops, but now they all list on GB also.

Boolit Grand Master

You’ve gotta sort through the wheat from the chaff, but there are still deals to be had.

Boolit Master
    It's an auction. Don't offer more than you're willing to pay. I simply compare them to the best deal I can get elsewhere and offer no more.

An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Many things sell for more than I'm willing to pay, but I don't blame the auction house for that. If there's any blame, it's on the buyer, but then he/she may think they're getting a deal compared to local prices, or it may be something not available to them locally. One man's junk is another man's treasure.........

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master

lots of "high ball" posting, trolling for high rollers. If it's too high, don't bid. Lots of good deals there, depends on what you want, I think.

Boolit Grand Master

Just like flea-bay, you have to carefully read the ads. I have bought 3 guns within the last 3 months. One was a collectible and the other two were new. The purchase price + shipping + FFL fee was at LEAST $100.00 less than what I would have had to spent locally.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    You gotta dig for the deals. I get more guns from Armslist, but it's a bit more white-knuckle waiting to see if you actually get a gun than with Gunbroker.
    Read the ads and don't get caught up in bid wars and you'll do fine on GB.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Grand Master

Like eBay I prefer the BIN listings. If it's at a price I'm willing to pay I buy it immediately. Simply send an email w/ the auction details to the local FFL and he handles it from there. I get a call in a few days and go pick it up. I can't find a lot of items locally and when I can the prices are almost always higher.

Banned

Typically I can find the firearm I want for less money on Gun Broker
    I look for sellers who have both good prices and stellar ratings

Boolit Master
    I bought my last pistol, a CZ, from DE guns. It was about three pages back, but the price was $100 less than anywhere I looked. Including Bud's, Gunbroker, or Gun Genie...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 762 shooter View Post
    If you mean Gunbroker, all of my purchases in the last 3 years have been through Gunbroker. Where are you finding guns cheaper? I even got good deals on several Pre 64 Model 70's. No tax, some are free shipping and no CC fees on some new guns. Buy from sellers with good ratings and several sales. C & R's are right to your door and my FFL charges $20.00 for transfers.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for, and when you're looking for it. I've bought a few guns on gunbroker in the last couple years, but it seems like I am finding more of them cheaper elsewhere. Not any specific place, just here and there. There's no one place that has the best prices across the board for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    I bought my last pistol, a CZ, from DE guns. It was about three pages back, but the price was $100 less than anywhere I looked. Including Bud's, Gunbroker, or Gun Genie...
    Ill second that for DE Guns, got a great deal on a new S&W from them a while back, and super friendly on the phone

Before you buy you should have done your research and decided what you are willing to pay.

2 of my last guns there were H&R 732, 733 (blued and nickle) Revolvers both with 2.5 inch barrels and both in .32sw Long. 150$ for the nickle, 130 for the blued, and the blued one shoots better!

Now I consider that a bargain. But you have to hold up your end.

Boolit Buddy
    You have to be patient and ready to jump when there are deals to be had. Some guns come in and out of season. Last summer I purchased a Ruger Redhawk 41mag, Redhawk 44 mag and a Super Redhawk in 44 mag for less than 450 on each one. Steals IMO.

I am waiting on my latest acquisition that I found on GB. Been looking and watching both GB and Armslist for a Witness 45acp. I like Armslist as I can search by state and look for local guns which saves the Shipping and Transfer fee here in Wisconsin.

One thing I found during this last search is that with many of these used Witness by the time the Shipping and Transfers were added in for about the same price I could buy a brand new gun.

There was one I was watching had a starting bid of $300.00, a reserve price and a Buy it Now of $400.00. The gun reached a bid of $380.00 and closed at that price unsold. It didn't reach the reserve price and is relisted. Now I hope the sucker sits on it forever! So why not stop the foolishness and just list it with a BIN price, forget the auction, forget the reserve? This is why I do not bid on Reserve Auctions.

Boolit Grand Master

As a seller I would never not have a reserve unless it was something I just wanted to get rid of. As a buyer it sucks if your max bid doesn't meet the reserve. It is what it is. There have been plenty of guns I bid on that didn't meet the reserve. I moved in and didn't look back.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    As a seller I would never not have a reserve unless it was something I just wanted to get rid of. As a buyer it sucks if your max bid doesn't meet the reserve. It is what it is. There have been plenty of guns I bid on that didn't meet the reserve. I moved in and didn't look back.
    I don't understand why sellers have a reserve price, but don't provide a starting bid amount.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Why not just make it simple, have the starting bid the reserve price? What's so hard about that? As per my example above why should I waste my time bidding on an auction that has the BIN price within dollars of the Hidden Reserve price when the starting price is nowhere close and the auction is 7 days long? In other words I'm supposed to wait 7 days and pass up other auctions just to see if that item has met the reserve.

If the starting bid price is fair then there is no reason in my mind for a Hidden Reserve and the item should receive bids and sell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast