Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RepackboxPBcastcoReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ranchdog TLC432-265-RF data

Ranchdog TLC432-265-RF 44 Spl & Mag data

I've acquired this mould to use in 44 special and magnum and have been doing research on data for it. I've found a few of ranchdogs suggested loads.

Magnum cases
    H110 23.0
    AA9 17.8 OAL 1.560 (second hand)
    2400 18.0 (second hand)

Special cases at 13.6k psi level via quickloads
    2400 10.5
    Unique 5.4
    Universal 4.8
    Bluedot 8.9

All these are what I've found from ranchdog himself. The secondhand annotation was quoted as ranchdogs data. And I've seen and recorded a fair amount of data others have used and liked.

I'm interested in collecting more data with other powders specific to this bullet. I'm interested in a suggested max with bluedot in magnum. I'm interested in mid level loads that's worked for others. I appreciate all suggestions for data, alloy, and OAL.
    Last edited by Bazoo; 01-26-2021 at 08:45 PM.

I'm A Honcho!
    I can vouch for the 23 H110 load. Very accurate.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

I have that mold, but haven’t run them wide open. I keep meaning to get back to them. Anyway, seems like Hornady had .44 mag data for their 265 jacketed bullet designed for the .444. And maybe Hodgdon too.

Boolit Master
    I have NOE's version of that bullet with conventional lube grooves. Mould drops both PB and GC bullets. Normally, use the GC version for the Marlin carbine and PB for my RH or Bulldog.

Very accurate in my Marlin 1894 sized .433 and lubed with Carnuba Red, 16 grains of 2400 (Magnum cases) and a WLP primer for a average velocity of 1470 fps. My alloy is three parts pure to one part lino.

I also have LabRadar data for 17 grains (1525 fps) and 18 grains of 2400 (1614 fps) with the same 3-1 alloy.

For my 2 1/2" CA 44 Special Bulldog:

5.0 grains of Unique with the NOE 265 (never measured velocity)

5.5 grains of W231, NOE 265 (728 fps)

13.0 grains of 2400, NOE 265 (828 fps)

Winelover

22.0 of 296 is my standard load with the NOE version of that boolit in .44 mag. Several white tails and some deadly rocks can vouch for it.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

I appreciate the responses thus far. I am exploring both ends of the spectrum, and collecting data even for powders I don't currently use. Never know when it will be useful.

I loaded some test rounds last night with 296, see how they do. I found what's reported as ranchdogs suggest bluedot magnum load.

Boolit Master
    don't have the ranchdog mold but the mp 640 with small hp pin drops bullets right at 265 grains, I'm seating them deep in 444 brass so they chamber and I'm up to 35 grains of 8208

Boolit Master
    I used 16.0 grains of 2400 in my RD 432-265 sized .432 with a gator gas check and LLA in my Rossi Puma. It is the most accurate load I have found for my Rossi.

Well, with 296 loads of 22.0,22.5,23.0 it kicks like a mule. Think I'll try some bullseye and unique special level loads next. I run these through the lubesizer.

Boolit Master
    With 16.0 grs 2400 my little carbine kicks like a mule too.

I have some 2400, only a pound though. I could break it open. I know it handles downloading without balking, unlike 296. I just wanted to try it out full bore a few rounds. Might, might shoot a whole box of those a year. Mostly I use magnum starting range down to specials with my SBH, cause I'm a wuss.

Boolit Master
    I have used a lot of blue dot in .44 Mag with all manner of boolits. I'll be workin in the shop tomorrow, so I'll look in the log. It's a more versatile powder than it gets credit for and has given me some very accurate loads in several calibers. Caveat: my container of Blue Dot is the older Hercules, not the new Alliant. "I'll be bahk!"
    Ed <><

Boolit Master
    I burn a lot of 2400, in 44 Magnum, as well as 357 Magnum. Down to about 9 pounds left. Looking for an alternate power, from what I have on hand. Lately, I've been trying AA 5744 and SR 4759 powder. Twenty two grains of AA 5744 is working out decently in the 7 1/2" RH, with a 240 grain cast SWC. Shot that load, in my 1894 Marlin, with a 240 MP cup point with decent results............just picking a random load. However, twenty one grains of SR 4759, was significantly better with the cup point bullet. Three shots touching, with two more touching, a tad lower. This was at 60 yards seated off a tripod, for a front rest.............exactly how I hunt from a tent blind.

Last Spring, I worked with SR 4759, in a Rossi 357 carbine, and found it like that powder with a 158 RNFP. Sweet spot was 12.5 grains but 13.0, wasn't too shabby, either.

BTW, both carbines like fat bullets. I size to .433 for the Marlin and to .360 for the Rossi.

Winelover

I bet you could easily trade 4759 for 2400 if you were so inclined.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    Maybe so, but I like to experiment. Especially, with powders that aren't being used that much. I shoot much more pistol cartridges, than rifle. Pistols require frequent practice, to retain proficiency. Rifle, not so much.

Winelover

There used to be loading data printed on brown paper by IMR that listed handgun data for almost all their powders. I may have one downstairs in my stuff. Lots of data for powders not usually used in pistol rounds.

Boolit Master
    I have been having good luck with HS-6 in the .44. 240 gr. boolit over 11.1 grains in .44 mag. In the Special I use a 210 gr. boolit over 8 grains. I picked up a bottle of 296 to try some hot .44 mag loadings but have not gotten around to it. Got a Henry single shot coming in on Thursday so I will get to it today.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    Maybe so, but I like to experiment. Especially, with powders that aren't being used that much. I shoot much more pistol cartridges, than rifle. Pistols require frequent practice, to retain proficiency. Rifle, not so much.

Winelover
    Yes, shooting pistols is like shooting pool. I have taken a couple years to get back into form after a 15 year hiatus. Because of aging eyes I won't be as good as I once was. At 50' I can now do 3" or better off hand with good loads.
    Last edited by Cosmic_Charlie; 02-03-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I have this mold and a photo copy of Ranchdog's original load notes/data sheet.
    Im not sure if Im allowed to just post a pic of the sheet here ?
    I dont see any copyright marking ?

Boolit Buddy

My Apologies if this breaks any forum rules..

Ranchdog 265
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210205_095124.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast