RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Kudos for Dillon Precision.

Boolit Master

Kudos for Dillon Precision.

I have had my RL 550 B scene the early 1990s. I have had a few problems with it over the years but haven't had problems in a number of years. I haven't loaded any thing on it in about a year, I have recently started loading some 45 Colts and started having problemsn with the powder measure. I called Dillon and explained my problem and the said did I have the up grade fail safe powder measure, they ended up sending me the up grade with two new powder bars and a new actuator rod no charge, they are a great company.

Boolit Master

they do stand behind their products, that's a fact
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Dillon is the best !

I shoot machine guns and have loaded many tens of thousands (maybe even over 100,000) of rounds in my 550b. I have had it for so many years that I don't remember when I bought it. As I recall it started life as a 450 and was upgraded a number of times.
    I THINK it was maybe 30 years ago. My customer number is 19XX.
    I think over time most every piece that could wear out has, and has been replaced......some more than once.
    Even the lever frame at the bottom of the handle had a stress fracture develop and they replaced that also.
    ALL AT NO CHARGE!
    My blood runs Dillon Blue. Any company that takes care of their customers like that deserves your business. You might be able to find some things a bit cheaper but why bother?
    I can't say enough good about that company.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    I got to thinking about it and mine started out as a 450 and that was before they had a RL 550 and that was in the mid 1980s and then I up graded the 450 in early 1990, it did cost me some but I can't remember how much. I also had a second RL 550 B that I inherited from my older brother, I had it for about 5 years then gave it to a grand son. I also have a Square Deal B it is dedicated to 38 Special and 357s.

Bought my 550 in 1986. They have replaced the few parts that wore or broke at no charge.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Banned
    I think they stand behind their product IF they think you are the original purchaser.

In another thread, several members posted where they were treated badly by Dillon customer service.

First I've heard that.

So for the price of their equipment, IF they are going to start shirking on warranty, that would concern me (if I owned a Dillon).

Boolit Buddy
    [QUOTE=Grmps;4315109]I think they stand behind their product IF they think you are the original purchaser.

In another thread, several members posted where they were treated badly by Dillon customer service.

I think if you read that thread you will find that Dillon offered to completely rebuild the problem press (I believe they charge 70$ for this service) but the poster did not want to ship it to them they will ship out replacement parts for anything you could break and their warranty states that they don't care if you pulled the press out of a dumpster.

Boolit Master

Have owned a Dillon XL 650 since sometime in the early 1990s that I purchased from the original owner. He was all thumbs and just couldn't understand the machine or get it to work. With everything he had - case feed, multiple caliber conversions, dies and extras - he must have had somewhere in the neighborhood of $ 1,500 tied up in the machine. He offered it all to me for $ 400 and I jumped on it. While I never told Dillon that I was not the original owner, they never asked and have replaced every defective part that failed over the years. Anything mechanical will have failures. Too, I have made a number of additional purchases for additional calibers over the years. Like most other owners of Dillon products, I can't say enough good things about all things Dillon. Big Boomer

Boolit Master
    Papercidal and Big Boomer are both correct, if you own a dillon they will take care of it no matter where you got it. I have never had a bad experience with Dillon. The only thing I can think of that might upset someone at Dillon would be for someone to expect more than their warranty covers. They have always been kind and courteous to me.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I got my first Dillon in the mid 80's, it was a 450. I really liked the improvement over the single stage I was loading with. I've called them from time to time and the next thing I know, I have a package in the mail at no cost. I've owned several brands and the closest one is RCBS. They also sent me parts at NC.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Grand Master

I have one of the earliest 550's and during it's first 18 years it loaded over 200,000 rounds of .38 ammo for PPC competition and no small amount of 45acp and a dab of 9mm and 40S&W. Like all the early machines that were used to make lots of ammo it required quite a few repairs and upgrades during the early years. Customer service was always awesome and I have a margarine tub of old parts to prove it. It came out of retirement briefly a few years ago and a part needed replacing. Part was on the way that day and my press was up & running in a few days, just like old times! I think I'll go in there and load a few (hundred) just for grins. I have some new .380 dies that I might as well get some use out of.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Bub
    Not only is Dillon first rate with their warranty but the folks that answer the phones are truly knowledgable about their equipment. The time or two I've had issues they have diagnosed the problem right then. Also their dies seem to be better than Big Greens.