WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: Gamo Bone Crusher

Boolit Master

Gamo Bone Collector

Hello all,
    First off let me start out by saying I know berry little about air rifles. The last one I had was a Sheridan Blue Streak.Now to my situation at hand. I am in need of a pellet gun (pest control) and I don’t have a lot of money. I have found a Gamo Bone Collector in .177 caliber for $100.00. Is it a decent air rifle? Is it capable of handling say squirrel sized game. And is $100.00 a good price,or am I getting ripped off? This forum has been extremely helpful with all things casting and reloading so I figured this was a good place to ask my questions about air rifles.
    Thanks in advance for any help/ advice you guys can give me it would be greatly appreciated!
    Poppy42
    Last edited by poppy42; 03-09-2018 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Typo’s
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    A friend of mine has one. He lives next to a golf course and takes rabbits out to 65 ish yards. He loves it. I have shot it. It takes some getting used to these high powered air rifles. I can not say much for the price as he got his four years ago for 110 used. That was a good price at the time he said. I since then have bought one like it by Gamo. Its the Gamo Whisper Fusion Elite .22. I can tell you out to 45yds when I hit a squirrel it gets knocked out of the tree.

I say yes it will work for squirrels as for price that is up to you.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    A friend of mine has one. He lives next to a golf course and takes rabbits out to 65 ish yards. He loves it. I have shot it. It takes some getting used to these high powered air rifles. I can not say much for the price as he got his four years ago for 110 used. That was a good price at the time he said. I since then have bought one like it by Gamo. Its the Gamo Whisper Fusion Elite .22. I can tell you out to 45yds when I hit a squirrel it gets knocked out of the tree.

I say yes it will work for squirrels as for price that is up to you.
    Thank you, that’s what I wanted to here. I was hoping for a few more replies, but I’ll take what I can get

I hadn't heard of the bone crusher, but the bone collector is around $200.00 new at Pyramid Air.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 35 shooter View Post
    I hadn't heard of the bone crusher, but the bone collector is around $200.00 new at Pyramid Air.
    Wow I never caught the typo! Darn auto spell strikes again! Anyway thanks for the info and the correction. The more info I get the more I’m liking this gun

The bone collector is a nice looking airgun. I haven't tried one, but my brother got hunt with a borrowed one for a few hours this last season and said it seemed to be pretty accurate.

I'm starting to save up for the new crosman summit ranger just because i like the "real" metallic iron sights on it. Not many reviews on it yet, but all positive so far.
    I've got all pumpers so far, so it would be my first break bbl.

Boolit Buddy
    Sounds like a good price to me. If it shoots decent, of course.......If you have been "out of the loop" for while, they have a bunch of different types of pellets these days. Right now is the "good ole days" of air rifle and ammo development. There is a company , who's name escapes me, that has a sampler packet of a many different pellet types that you can buy to see which one your rifle likes. This way you don't waste money on tins of pellets that you can't use. .
    Last edited by reivertom; 03-10-2018 at 08:53 PM.

I've bought RWS pellets in a five pellet sample pack. Wish more brands would offer this around here. Gp