Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger Flattop 44 Special Bore Dimensions

Boolit Buddy
    When buying the Meyers Pin gauges do you buy directly from Meyer?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Mine shoots lights out with .431 boolits. It is the most accurate 44 special I have ever owned.Attachment 216202
    What kind of holster is that?

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by wildwilly501 View Post
    When buying the Meyers Pin gauges do you buy directly from Meyer?
    Yes. They have a $25 minimum order and ask them for 1st class mail if you have a small order.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Bub
    I went to the Myer Gage sight yesterday. The single Z Minus pin gages were listed for $3.36/ea for the sizes commonly needed for checking cylinder throats.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    You WILL want to order the gage pins in half thou increments. .001" increments is too coarse for accurately measuring throat diameters. Class Z minus is what you want.
    Help me understand this. I think you are saying Order .4280, .4285, .4290, etc til I have all that I want. Is this right?

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Two Barrels View Post
    I went to the Myer Gage sight yesterday. The single Z Minus pin gages were listed for $3.36/ea for the sizes commonly needed for checking cylinder throats.
    This is about right. Smaller ones are cheaper, larger ones are more. I'd rather buy directly from Meyer than MSC or Enco.

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    Help me understand this. I think you are saying Order .4280, .4285, .4290, etc til I have all that I want. Is this right?
    Yep, start with one that is below your smallest throat and work in half thou increments until you get above what you would want throats finished at. .429" to .434" should cover all 44 cylinders except 44-40.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12