Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee Precision

Thread: K31 with Lyman 311299 and Ramshot TAC

K31 with Lyman 311299 and Ramshot TAC

Hello from Belgium,

Yesterday I tested an new reload for my Swiss K31.
    I wanted to have a cheap training ammo to save my match bullets (Hornady Match, Lapua Scenar and Nosler CC).
    My best load at moment is 28,1gr Ramshot TAC, Winchester primers, PPU brass, Lyman 311299 gas checked (1/4 linotype + 3/4 lead) .310 sized and home made lube.
    This group was shoot at 100 meters in indoor range. 20 shoots with W+F diopter

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1520501779-k31-ctm-07-03-2018.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	215976

Name:	1520501779-k31-ctm-07-03-2018-2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	215977

USMC 77, USRA 79

Very cool!!!

Have you noticed anything strange with yours? Like first shot with cold barrel hitting about 4-5 inches high with next shooting hitting 3-4 in high, then 2-3 in high, then after barrel is warm, it shoots where it's suppose to?

I loved my K31, but had to let it go due to this problem... I never did figure it out, tried different lubes for cooler climates, different sized boolits, same every time.. only had this problem with cast, so it had to go... I put a lot of love into that gun...

Name:	IMG_1224.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	215978

Marko
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

I had one shot everything like that. The forestock was warped, maybe too many years sitting in the corner near the stove. It was warped so much that drawing the action down with the screws caused the tip of the forearm to crack and put pressure on the bottom and left side of the barrel (viewing from the rear). Shoots great after I relieved that pressure just enough to let the crack in the center come together.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    Very cool!!!

Have you noticed anything strange with yours? Like first shot with cold barrel hitting about 4-5 inches high with next shooting hitting 3-4 in high, then 2-3 in high, then after barrel is warm, it shoots where it's suppose to?

I loved my K31, but had to let it go due to this problem... I never did figure it out, tried different lubes for cooler climates, different sized boolits, same every time.. only had this problem with cast, so it had to go... I put a lot of love into that gun...

Name:	IMG_1224.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	215978

Marko
    Never had any issues

Boolit Master
    When I find a gun thats seems very sensitive to barrel heat (within reason), it has been a stock issue every single time. One of the reasons the Finns made their two piece Mosin Nagant stocks the way they did. With the grain vertical on the front half they don't warp as much and if they did I guess they would prefer stringing shot vertically to horizontally considering the shape of the intended targets.

Boolit Buddy
    Very good results,

pls tell me how deep you have set the bullets in the case

i use the NOE 316299 Bullet and i can`t chamber the round in my 96/11 with normal deep setting ( Bulletbase flush with the base of the neck/ shoulder area)

thx for info

Klaus