Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: .455 Webley Brass - Starline Now Taking Orders!

Boolit Master

.455 Webley Brass - Starline Now Taking Orders!

Here you go my brothers! https://www.starlinebrass.com/brass-...5-Webley-MKII/

$0.37 to $0.42 each depending on quantity.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Bub
    Yay! This has turned into a spendy month for me 455-wise.

Boolit Master

Yeah. . .and the notifications on the MP MKIV mold GB haven't gone out yet. . .
    WWJMBD?

Boolit Master
    That's lovely. Starline has gotten into several of the newer, trendy rifle calibers and several of the older handgun calibers as well. I'm still waiting for them to offer rifle cases for the 375 Winchester caliber. There's always hope.

Boolit Master

Thin Man,

I would think a trimming of their .38-55 to length would make you a happy man, though they seem to be taking their .38-55 production seriously enough that a little asking on your part might convince them to do a run of a little shorter length with the proper headstamp.

But at any rate, I'm stoked that I got my shipping notification today, and tickled that there's enough unaltered guns out there and people who want to load for and shoot them to justify the occasional run.
    WWJMBD?

They (Starline) are working on the .375 and it will be out soon.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Master

Received my shiny new Webley hulls yesterday. Now that I've got that whole "lifetime supply" thing sorted out, I should be able to sleep soundly.
    WWJMBD?

Boolit Mold
    I wrote to Starline's new Sales Manager, Matt Reams, asking if the pricing was correct, considering similar-sized cases are about half what they're asking for the 455 Mark II. Here's the gist of his reply:

"While you are right that the Webley Is close to the 45 gap, it does require a completely separate run and if a VERY difficult case to do the final trim on. These are also done in lower volume runs due to the smaller market for them. If the popularity increases and we can make them in larger runs (profitably) that price may change, but with the small batches we have made so far, the prices will not get down to where the GAP is. The extra processing we have to do for it just won’t allow it. Keep your fingers crossed that we can make this one popular and drive those cost and thus prices down for you!"

So it looks like we all need to place orders! Mine's going in right now...

Bud

Boolit Master

I think we also maybe need to start the sport of "World War Action Shooting", so we can convince Uberti to start making replicas of Webleys. . .and their contemporaries. The Cowboy game pretty much revitalized the brass market for a ton of cartridges that would have probably went extinct three decades back otherwise.

If we go down that road, there is one nice thing about the .455 Webley: it's already a watered-down Cowboy load. Research DONE!
    WWJMBD?

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    I think we also maybe need to start the sport of "World War Action Shooting", so we can convince Uberti to start making replicas of Webleys. . .and their contemporaries. The Cowboy game pretty much revitalized the brass market for a ton of cartridges that would have probably went extinct three decades back otherwise.

If we go down that road, there is one nice thing about the .455 Webley: it's already a watered-down Cowboy load. Research DONE!
    And when the shooting is over you can roast bangers over an open fire with your Webley-Pritchard bayonet!

Attachment 216748
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    Glad to see Starline producing .455 Webley!!!
    I saw the announcement over on the British Militaria Forum, and immediately ordered 1,000 pieces.
    It arrived right on schedule, about three days after they said they would begin shipping orders.
    I wonder how big the production runs are, and how much they have sold?
    Yes, it would be nice to get the brass cheaper, but it's a matter of economics: If this is what it takes to make a profit on it, then so be it... I'm just happy as a clam to see the brass being produced! Maybe the cost will come down eventually...
    That's a neat idea to see the Webley revolver being reproduced: I'd GLADLY come up with $1000 for a replica, possibly more.

Boolit Mold
    I loaded 6 of the new Starline cases 11x today before I ran out of light.
    3.8g of N320 @ 630FPS and 4.6 of HP38/W231 @ 680FPS were the last two before I had to stop.
    250g Western cast "Webley" bullets were what I had on hand to play with.
    No issues with the brass.

Boolit Master

So, I spent a little time on Gunbroker today surfing under the search word "Webley"

It seems that the going rate for a 50 round box of Fiocchi is about $60, and you can buy 100 sized and lubed 8 BHN MKII bullets for $20.

This amuses me. . .greatly.
    WWJMBD?

When I asked Starline a couple years ago about a custom run they told me the minimum was 250,000 cases.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Master
    Sadly they produced them with large primer pockets. They wouldn't mix in to my small primer pocket brass very well.
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan