Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal Molds?

Boolit Master

Arsenal Molds?

Anybody have any experience with their molds? I've been wanting to get a 255gr Keith mold for my 44s, and I shoot them enough that a standard 2 cavity mold is not that appealing anymore. They make a 5 captivity aluminum mold for $80.

I have 4 Arsenal molds and I'm completely satisfied with them.

To give you a frame of reference: I also have H&G, Accurate, SAECO, Lyman, RCBS, Lee & Lachmiller.

Henry

Boolit Master

I've had Jared's 4-cavity 160 gr RF for for several months and it's become just about the only .38/.357 boolit I cast. Dropped good boolits right from the git-go...no deburring, no break-in, just an acetone rinse followed by a scrubbing with a toothbrush and Dawn detergent and a drop of 2-stroke oil on the sprueplate pivot. Did take a little 'fitting' to mount the mold blocks to RCBS handles but nothing that can't be accomplished with a good 10" file and some emery cloth. Right now, I'm awaiting delivery of another of his molds; this one a 3-cavity .30 cal. specifically sized for PC.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    Dang fine moulds. My Lee handles fit fine; no fitting required.

Boolit Man
    I have 4 arsenal molds and love them all. Especially the 160gr RF that Kraschenbirn mentioned for 38/357. It's become the 1st site I check when looking for a new mold.

Boolit Master
    I have 2 of them a 460-330 four cavity and a 432-210 three cavity both are VERY high quality and worth every penny. You won't be disappointed. Once they are up to temp its amazing how many good bullets you can cast in such a short time and for the cost of a single cavity mold you can get a 4 or 5 cavity one. I hope you have a large pot because you'll go through a lot of lead in a hurry. They also do some custom work I've got 4 old Ideal single cavity molds i'm sending them to be duplicated into 4 cavity molds.

Boolit Master
    I bought my first a couple of months ago but have not cast with it yet. But it sure looks like a winner.

I bought it from a local member and he swears by the brand.

Three44s

Moderator Emeritus

I ordered one mold from them so far, and was very pleased with it.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-Arsenal-Molds
    btw, if you want something that isn't in their catalog, they will consider doing custom work, for a reasonable fee, as I had done.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Man
    I just ordered their 429421. Should be in this week. I will get some cast up and blast a few at long range and report back!

Boolit Master
    I have been hoping to find a lighter 45 SWC revolver boolit mold for the Auto Rim applications. Accurate offers two that are similar but carry the same mold designation. Both of these catalog listings use the code 454424 and are available in 230 and 260 grain weights. Lyman's original listing gave the 260 weight code 454424 but their lighter 230 weight was 454423 (a change of the last number only). Ah, you know, a blip on the screen with mold numbering won't stop me from ordering the 230 grain, just wondering how/why Accurate uses the same pattern code for both boolit weights.

Which of my design numbers are you referring to? Maybe I mis-labeled something.

Boolit Grand Master
    Back when they were still making molds for NOE, I bought several. They are as good as any and better than most!
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

I bought a second hand Arsenal 138 Max mold for 38/357. Very nice mold that produces consistent and pretty boolits. I banged out over 2000 from this 4 banger mold in a (long) day of casting and only recently got to try them out. I found a couple of different loads where it made itty bitty groups at 50 yards from my peep sighted rifle (no mean feat with my vision) and could not be happier with the mold output.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Man
    Received my first AM last week. Cast up a couple hundred bullets from WW. I washed and put the mold through 3 heat cycles. Than began to cast. After getting the mold to frosting temp it began to drop nice bullets. I than added another mold to the rotation and continued.
    Measured bullet with a mic. Found to be pretty close to website claims.
    Bullets seam to be within about .001 of round.
    Sized .431 with simple lube.
    Shooting to come.

Mold ran well. Bullets dropped out nicely. Cavities seemed consistent. More tests required

Boolit Buddy

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by am44mag View Post
    Anybody have any experience with their molds? I've been wanting to get a 255gr Keith mold for my 44s, and I shoot them enough that a standard 2 cavity mold is not that appealing anymore. They make a 5 captivity aluminum mold for $80.
    I have a number of them in 6mm and 30 cal. In my experience they are first rate. They are easy to deal with and knowledgeable. For the money I don't they can be beat. They also are great on custom molds. I don't think you would be sorry if you went that route.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAM View Post
    Which of my design numbers are you referring to? Maybe I mis-labeled something.
    I'm pretty sure Thin Man meant to type Arsenal and not Accurate when he was referring to the two molds.

Boolit Master
    Interesting that he's selling the Ranch Dog designs.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Banned

Get an Accurate mold
    Best mold you can buy
    I have a couple Ranch Dog designs from Accurate
    Soory to see Tom dragged into this

Boolit Bub
    I think I have the same mould your talking about I have cast approx 5000 out of it so far, I absolutely love it. My only concern is making more time to enjoy this casting life! Accuracy is awesome and design is the best!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Boolit Man
    I weighed the bullets at 255. And shot yesterday at 300-500 yards. Bullets seamed to shoot quite well, kept them piling into the same area. I had no wind so I can’t speak to how they handle that.
    Haven’t done any close range groups. But I did scatter a few cow terds at 25-50 yards.
    At this point I could say that I would suggest the 429421 to OP.
    (Forgot to mention that I shot some “reject” bullets at long range. (Always seams like they should be the first to shoot poorly at distance). Rejects also seemed to keep it together)

Load was 19.5 WC820. Rem 2.5. Simple lube. 6 1/2” 629DX
    More testing required.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast