RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Courtesy

Boolit Master

Courtesy

I'm not trying to be critical and I'm not mad but isn't it usually common courtesy to let a person know that they received a package when they have made a trade. I made trades with 5 people and only got 2 thank you responses for the trade. I am allways very fair with my trades. I put this in this section because it is the most read. These trades were made at least 3 weeks ago. Sorry for the rant.

Boolit Master
    Well, I am pretty doggone sure I was one of them to say, "Thank you!", on more than one occasion, by phone conversation with you, as well as thru PM, IIRC, on our brass exchange deal. I was raised to say , Thanks!", when a person does a good turn. I made sure to stay in contact with ya as well when it seemed as though the packages had issues with the USPS, although in the end it appears that worked out. Part of the deal is to make sure the other party gets their due, IMO.

Perhaps others look at the trades as a "business deal" and do not say, "Thank you!" due to that... Reckoning that it was a deal to the advantage of both & no need to say , "Thanks!", but I don't see it that way myself.

I don't know? Like I said, I was raised to shake a hand on a deal, if I can & say, "Thanks!", after any dealing that included some sort of exchange between 2 or more parties.

Maybe it has something to do with the distance, instead of being face to face? I dunno.

But it is not that hard to say , Thanks!", IMO.

BTW, Although I know I said it already before, "THANKS! again!" for the 30-06/45ACP brass exchange! Be happy to do it again!

ETA: Just posted in the "STRAIGHT SHOOTERS" section under your member name about our exchange as well. I don't usually do that each time I do a deal, because I think they could be easily missed by the person getting the good reference since they have no idea that a good post was placed there unless they go looking, but I thought perhaps that was where you may have missed out on some who were happy with your deals with them.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post4312784
    Last edited by JBinMN; 03-07-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 45-70 Chevroner View Post
    I'm not trying to be critical and I'm not mad but isn't it usually common courtesy to let a person know that they received a package.
    Most don't.
    Just be glad they don't complain that they didn't get it.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master

I like to know that my funds or goods arrived and I try to let my trade partner know also. But many don't.

I'm on the side that says "Thanks" along with when I received the goods. Seems like good communication to me.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Well, I am pretty doggone sure I was one of them to say, "Thank you!", on more than one occasion, by phone conversation with you, as well as thru PM, IIRC, on our brass exchange deal. I was raised to say , Thanks!", when a person does a good turn. I made sure to stay in contact with ya as well when it seemed as though the packages had issues with the USPS, although in the end it appears that worked out. Part of the deal is to make sure the other party gets their due, IMO.

Perhaps others look at the trades as a "business deal" and do not say, "Thank you!" due to that... Reckoning that it was a deal to the advantage of both & no need to say , "Thanks!", but I don't see it that way myself.

I don't know? Like I said, I was raised to shake a hand on a deal, if I can & say, "Thanks!", after any dealing that included some sort of exchange between 2 or more parties.

Maybe it has something to do with the distance, instead of being face to face? I dunno.

But it is not that hard to say , Thanks!", IMO.

BTW, Although I know I said it already before, "THANKS! again!" for the 30-06/45ACP brass exchange! Be happy to do it again!

ETA: Just posted in the "STRAIGHT SHOOTERS" section under your member name about our exchange as well. I don't usually do that each time I do a deal, because I think they could be easily missed by the person getting the good reference since they have no idea that a good post was placed there unless they go looking, but I thought perhaps that was where you may have missed out on some who were happy with your deals with them.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post4312784
    Yes you did JB and there was no question on that. I think we hit it off pretty good. Thanks again Johnny.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Most don't.
    Just be glad they don't complain that they didn't get it.
    Your right, maybe I shouldn't jump the gun so easily.

Boolit Master
    Yes you did JB and there was no question on that. I think we hit it off pretty good. Thanks again Johnny.

& yes, I thought we did hit it off well, also! I look forward to be able to talk to ya again & hope is again soon! Not needing a sale , trade or what involved. Just a good ol' chat/ BS session!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

I usually dont. As a result of this thread i may start. I would not expect anyone to thank me for a transaction because they should expect me to hold up my end. Again as a "do on to others" , i didnt consider an after the fact thankyou a tip or favor but rather time id have rather spent eleswhere (to some seconds count ). I had no idea that an after the fact thankyou was standard operatng procedure I will likely change my ways.

Boolit Buddy
    45-70 Chevroner,
    Thanks for posting this. After reading it I reviewed my PM's and found 3 that I didn't thank after receiving an item. I have now. I agree that it's a simple courtesy to extend.

Shelly
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

I reply as this is how I was raised, follow through and acknowledge.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Bub
    Common courtesy just isn't so common anymore, sorta like common sense.

45-70 Chevroner,

Perhaps it was me? I thought we had indicated that the transaction was complete, but I did not tell you that the items had arrived. However, in all fairness, I sent my items in the trade a week before yours and you indicated that you would let me know when they arrived. I never receive notification or a "Thank you" either. Although I though the transaction was smooth and no complaints. For what it is worth...Thank you! Bill

The sender deserves at least some acknowledgment that the receiver got it. In other words , yo bro got your bling, Thanks.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    I have enjoyed several trades or sales/buys through the forum and will usually ask for a note when the box arrives to let me know of the condition and just to make sure the deal is complete. Sometimes the note arrives after a busy weekend, and that is no problem. But I am checking to be sure my packing is adequate as well. I seem to have better results when the packages do not greatly exceed 50 pounds and I use a lot of fiber tape over the plastic tape. I also have found that packages going through Mashville, TN have a very hard trip. Sometimes things come up and I get a note to let me know the deal is going to be delayed. No problem as we all know life happens, but keeping others informed sure keeps things calm and trouble free. I appreciate the courtesy that others have extended to help keep the trades and sales simple and easy.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hwilliam01 View Post
    45-70 Chevroner,

Perhaps it was me? I thought we had indicated that the transaction was complete, but I did not tell you that the items had arrived. However, in all fairness, I sent my items in the trade a week before yours and you indicated that you would let me know when they arrived. I never receive notification or a "Thank you" either. Although I though the transaction was smooth and no complaints. For what it is worth...Thank you! Bill
    I just checked my (Items sent) and I did not send you a thank you note for the deal my bad. I truel have tried to send a thank you for all trades I make, the only thing I can attribute it to is, hummmn I can't think of one. So sorry. Thanks a lot though for the trade.

Boolit Master
    I try to let someone know when either the funds arrived or the merchandise arrived, as well as when I sent my end of the deal. I suppose it's the way I was raised.....

After a date I'd call and let my then GF know that I got home safely......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

I just checked my (Items sent) and I did not send you a thank you note for the deal my bad. I truel have tried to send a thank you for all trades I make, the only thing I can attribute it to is, hummmn I can't think of one. So sorry. Thanks a lot though for the trade.
    Johnny,

No problem. I enjoyed the trade as well and had no issues, just trying to point out that when things go well, not everyone feels they need to close the loop. because you'd hear from them if it didn't work. I'd trade again with you any time!

Bill

Boolit Bub
    I sell some of my stuff on a different web page and spend some time making sure everything is packaged up well. I don't want that person to have any complaints. I get a thanks about half the time. I just want to know that they received everything.

Boolit Master
    Given the frequency of complaints about losses or delays in shipping, I always acknowledge the sending and receipt of goods and funds by PM, although I’ve never had any problems myself.

But if I hear nothing from the other side, I just figure “No News is Good News,” and let it go at that.

Snail mail is still a monsoon shower and e-mail is a veritable avalanche these days. If somebody (else) gets behind in either, I fully understand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast