ADvertise hereMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationGraf & Sons
StainLess Steel MediaLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Courtesy

  1. #1
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,448

    Courtesy

    I'm not trying to be critical and I'm not mad but isn't it usually common courtesy to let a person know that they received a package when they have made a trade. I made trades with 5 people and only got 2 thank you responses for the trade. I am allways very fair with my trades. I put this in this section because it is the most read. These trades were made at least 3 weeks ago. Sorry for the rant.

  2. #2
    Boolit Master
    JBinMN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Goodhue County, SE Minnesota
    Posts
    1,452
    Well, I am pretty doggone sure I was one of them to say, "Thank you!", on more than one occasion, by phone conversation with you, as well as thru PM, IIRC, on our brass exchange deal. I was raised to say , Thanks!", when a person does a good turn. I made sure to stay in contact with ya as well when it seemed as though the packages had issues with the USPS, although in the end it appears that worked out. Part of the deal is to make sure the other party gets their due, IMO.

    Perhaps others look at the trades as a "business deal" and do not say, "Thank you!" due to that... Reckoning that it was a deal to the advantage of both & no need to say , "Thanks!", but I don't see it that way myself.

    I don't know? Like I said, I was raised to shake a hand on a deal, if I can & say, "Thanks!", after any dealing that included some sort of exchange between 2 or more parties.

    Maybe it has something to do with the distance, instead of being face to face? I dunno.

    But it is not that hard to say , Thanks!", IMO.

    BTW, Although I know I said it already before, "THANKS! again!" for the 30-06/45ACP brass exchange! Be happy to do it again!


    ETA: Just posted in the "STRAIGHT SHOOTERS" section under your member name about our exchange as well. I don't usually do that each time I do a deal, because I think they could be easily missed by the person getting the good reference since they have no idea that a good post was placed there unless they go looking, but I thought perhaps that was where you may have missed out on some who were happy with your deals with them.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post4312784
    Last edited by JBinMN; 03-07-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

    "A man ought ta do what he thinks is best" - "Hondo" Lane.(John Wayne)

    "If ya don't like my gate, ya don't have to swing on the hinges..." - L. Ackerman ( RIP)

    Enforce the Immigration laws & deport the illegal immigrants. Quit fooling around.

  3. #3
    Boolit Master

    Hickory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Great Black Swamp of Northwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,545
    Quote Originally Posted by 45-70 Chevroner View Post
    I'm not trying to be critical and I'm not mad but isn't it usually common courtesy to let a person know that they received a package.
    Most don't.
    Just be glad they don't complain that they didn't get it.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

    I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

  4. #4
    Boolit Master

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England,Ar
    Posts
    3,585
    I like to know that my funds or goods arrived and I try to let my trade partner know also. But many don't.

  5. #5
    Boolit Master Half Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    480
    I'm on the side that says "Thanks" along with when I received the goods. Seems like good communication to me.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

  6. #6
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,448
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Well, I am pretty doggone sure I was one of them to say, "Thank you!", on more than one occasion, by phone conversation with you, as well as thru PM, IIRC, on our brass exchange deal. I was raised to say , Thanks!", when a person does a good turn. I made sure to stay in contact with ya as well when it seemed as though the packages had issues with the USPS, although in the end it appears that worked out. Part of the deal is to make sure the other party gets their due, IMO.

    Perhaps others look at the trades as a "business deal" and do not say, "Thank you!" due to that... Reckoning that it was a deal to the advantage of both & no need to say , "Thanks!", but I don't see it that way myself.

    I don't know? Like I said, I was raised to shake a hand on a deal, if I can & say, "Thanks!", after any dealing that included some sort of exchange between 2 or more parties.

    Maybe it has something to do with the distance, instead of being face to face? I dunno.

    But it is not that hard to say , Thanks!", IMO.

    BTW, Although I know I said it already before, "THANKS! again!" for the 30-06/45ACP brass exchange! Be happy to do it again!


    ETA: Just posted in the "STRAIGHT SHOOTERS" section under your member name about our exchange as well. I don't usually do that each time I do a deal, because I think they could be easily missed by the person getting the good reference since they have no idea that a good post was placed there unless they go looking, but I thought perhaps that was where you may have missed out on some who were happy with your deals with them.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post4312784
    Yes you did JB and there was no question on that. I think we hit it off pretty good. Thanks again Johnny.

  7. #7
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Most don't.
    Just be glad they don't complain that they didn't get it.
    Your right, maybe I shouldn't jump the gun so easily.

  8. #8
    Boolit Master
    JBinMN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Goodhue County, SE Minnesota
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by 45-70 Chevroner View Post
    Yes you did JB and there was no question on that. I think we hit it off pretty good. Thanks again Johnny.


    & yes, I thought we did hit it off well, also! I look forward to be able to talk to ya again & hope is again soon! Not needing a sale , trade or what involved. Just a good ol' chat/ BS session!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

    "A man ought ta do what he thinks is best" - "Hondo" Lane.(John Wayne)

    "If ya don't like my gate, ya don't have to swing on the hinges..." - L. Ackerman ( RIP)

    Enforce the Immigration laws & deport the illegal immigrants. Quit fooling around.

  9. #9
    Boolit Master zymguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ely MN. (bwcaw)
    Posts
    270
    I usually dont. As a result of this thread i may start. I would not expect anyone to thank me for a transaction because they should expect me to hold up my end. Again as a "do on to others" , i didnt consider an after the fact thankyou a tip or favor but rather time id have rather spent eleswhere (to some seconds count ). I had no idea that an after the fact thankyou was standard operatng procedure I will likely change my ways.

  10. #10
    Boolit Man
    shell70634's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SW Louisiana
    Posts
    95
    45-70 Chevroner,
    Thanks for posting this. After reading it I reviewed my PM's and found 3 that I didn't thank after receiving an item. I have now. I agree that it's a simple courtesy to extend.

    Shelly
    “You only make one mistake in this business – you’re either an expert or you’re dead.”
    Col. Thomas J. Kane

    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

  11. #11
    Boolit Master
    slim1836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Burleson, TX
    Posts
    1,044
    I reply as this is how I was raised, follow through and acknowledge.

    Slim
    DISCLAIMER: This is a generic comment. It is not directed at any specific human
    being, real or fictional. The comments in this message speak directly to the
    TOPIC no matter the quoted clips - and nothing else. If I have not typed your
    name, specifically, into the message, it IS NOT ABOUT YOU.

  12. #12
    Boolit Bub
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    wilds of Montana
    Posts
    31
    Common courtesy just isn't so common anymore, sorta like common sense.

  13. #13
    Boolit Buddy hwilliam01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    The Great White North (Maine)
    Posts
    56
    45-70 Chevroner,


    Perhaps it was me? I thought we had indicated that the transaction was complete, but I did not tell you that the items had arrived. However, in all fairness, I sent my items in the trade a week before yours and you indicated that you would let me know when they arrived. I never receive notification or a "Thank you" either. Although I though the transaction was smooth and no complaints. For what it is worth...Thank you! Bill

  14. #14
    Moderator

    Minerat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jefferson County, CO
    Posts
    904
    The sender deserves at least some acknowledgment that the receiver got it. In other words , yo bro got your bling, Thanks.
    Steve,

    Life Member NRA
    Member: Clear Creek County Sportsman Association


    Kilo Charlie zero Golf Papa Tango

  15. #15
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NE Kansas
    Posts
    870
    I have enjoyed several trades or sales/buys through the forum and will usually ask for a note when the box arrives to let me know of the condition and just to make sure the deal is complete. Sometimes the note arrives after a busy weekend, and that is no problem. But I am checking to be sure my packing is adequate as well. I seem to have better results when the packages do not greatly exceed 50 pounds and I use a lot of fiber tape over the plastic tape. I also have found that packages going through Mashville, TN have a very hard trip. Sometimes things come up and I get a note to let me know the deal is going to be delayed. No problem as we all know life happens, but keeping others informed sure keeps things calm and trouble free. I appreciate the courtesy that others have extended to help keep the trades and sales simple and easy.

  16. #16
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,448
    Quote Originally Posted by hwilliam01 View Post
    45-70 Chevroner,


    Perhaps it was me? I thought we had indicated that the transaction was complete, but I did not tell you that the items had arrived. However, in all fairness, I sent my items in the trade a week before yours and you indicated that you would let me know when they arrived. I never receive notification or a "Thank you" either. Although I though the transaction was smooth and no complaints. For what it is worth...Thank you! Bill
    I just checked my (Items sent) and I did not send you a thank you note for the deal my bad. I truel have tried to send a thank you for all trades I make, the only thing I can attribute it to is, hummmn I can't think of one. So sorry. Thanks a lot though for the trade.

  17. #17
    Boolit Master
    Tom W.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Phenix City, Alabama
    Posts
    2,554
    I try to let someone know when either the funds arrived or the merchandise arrived, as well as when I sent my end of the deal. I suppose it's the way I was raised.....


    After a date I'd call and let my then GF know that I got home safely......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

  18. #18
    Boolit Buddy hwilliam01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    The Great White North (Maine)
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by 45-70 Chevroner View Post
    I just checked my (Items sent) and I did not send you a thank you note for the deal my bad. I truel have tried to send a thank you for all trades I make, the only thing I can attribute it to is, hummmn I can't think of one. So sorry. Thanks a lot though for the trade.
    Johnny,

    No problem. I enjoyed the trade as well and had no issues, just trying to point out that when things go well, not everyone feels they need to close the loop. because you'd hear from them if it didn't work. I'd trade again with you any time!

    Bill

  19. #19
    Boolit Bub
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    36
    I sell some of my stuff on a different web page and spend some time making sure everything is packaged up well. I don't want that person to have any complaints. I get a thanks about half the time. I just want to know that they received everything.

  20. #20
    Boolit Master
    Bent Ramrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern Arizona
    Posts
    3,102
    Given the frequency of complaints about losses or delays in shipping, I always acknowledge the sending and receipt of goods and funds by PM, although I’ve never had any problems myself.

    But if I hear nothing from the other side, I just figure “No News is Good News,” and let it go at that.

    Snail mail is still a monsoon shower and e-mail is a veritable avalanche these days. If somebody (else) gets behind in either, I fully understand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check