Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading

Thread: The National Anthem

Boolit Master

The National Anthem

The boy, Noie Z, Had his winter concert last Sunday down at the Temple Auditorium here in Saginaw. It is a really opulent venue built early in the last century. He plays Violin, and has for 9 or 10 years, and is beginning to make some nice sound. It was a surprise to me that the first work on the program was the national anthem. It surprised me because I have fallen into stereotyping the musicians culture as being a very liberal bunch, right up there with soccer moms. Shame on me. Any way they did a nice respectful job on it and people in the audience snapped to their feet and some even sang. I teared up. I am tearing up now writing this. I think I may be getting soft.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Grand Master

Charlie Daniels has done the anthem on his fiddle also He really makes it cry. If you can find it listen to him do it. I had it on a CD of his songs for awhile.

and that is the way it should be the musicians play it right and the people in the audience stands D Crockett

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    I teared up. I am tearing up now writing this. I think I may be getting soft.
    Maybe not soft. I've noticed that as I've entered my senior years, the anthem, pledge of allegiance and other incidents, events or occasions that some might not see as all that sentimental, get me choked up.

My son is a drummer and last summer performed in the Rose Bowl, Alamodome, War Memorial Stadium and quite a few others.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Last edited by DCP; 03-07-2018 at 09:19 PM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Charlie Daniels is a national treasure!
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master
    Much better, the first one....was shakey.

Boolit Master
    In spite of being deaf, this gal did our anthem and our flag justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkYhmRsJuHc
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master
    I always get a little teary eyed when I hear our National Anthem.
    I wounder when the dems will demand a change to it????