WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading

Thread: Gamaliel Shooting Supply

Boolit Master

Gamaliel Shooting Supply

Well I was just looking at their site since they aren't too far from here. Their site kept displaying the Brownell's logo and theme when I went to site. What the ****? It looks like Gamaliel's has merged (?) With Brownell's. Well their prices certainly reflect the change. Looks like another good place to buy stuff cheap is gone.
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Master

Shot has gone up $6 a bag. The 8 lb keg of sport pistol I bought for $128 10 days ago is now $140

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    At one with the gun.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cassidy View Post
    Shot has gone up $6 a bag. The 8 lb keg of sport pistol I bought for $128 10 days ago is now $140

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    Read a article today Vista outdoors is increasing prices in April. Muzzleloaders I purchased two weeks ago are up 30$.

IMO corporations have way to much stock,over priced junk and left overs from the days of King Zero.

Very poor management

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Banned

Did business with them for years
    Got a bunch of their $5 Tee Shirts
    And a lot of powder
    Sad to see them go poof

Boolit Master

Much higher prices... sounds like Brownell's.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Banned

It is Brownells
    The Gamaliel web site is gone
    They may have plans to base out of Kentucky or just add a shipping warehouse
    I don't dislike Brownells, I miss Gamaliels

Boolit Grand Master
    I believe they were the shell vendor at the Grand back in 2009-2010 when I attended. They were good folks. Sad to see any good vendor close up shop.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Thats a bummer. The more of these companies we lose, the more we pay the piper. I like Brownells, they have a lot of great stuff and a great place if you have a very specific need. However I generally don't shop there because they are too proud of their stock. I have become more of a MidwayUSA fan than I used to be since they have good competitive prices and pretty good deals on sale items. A big bonus is they aren't too far from me and with their super shipping I often get my orders the next day! They have the best shipping out of anyone, the barometer to judge the rest by! Oh and they waive the Hazmat fees over approximately $120.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Banned

they are not closing their store is still there [open] and they will be doing their travel routes as normal.
    their website is now basically just brownells.
    which tells me they are looking to retire.

Boolit Master
    With the lack of support by customers and the internet, soon all the companies will be out. Point and click for the cheap price
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    With the lack of support by customers and the internet, soon all the companies will be out. Point and click for the cheap price
    I do quite a bit of market research on ammo,firearms accouterments pricing and have found they all are with-in a few cents of each other.[we still do see the occasional gouger] Flyers come out offering this great price for 750 cartridges I find they are at times more than what I sell for locally.
    Yet guys will almost argue they got it a a better price!
    Most outfits are unloading all the back order from 2016-17 right now . Vista outdoors has announced a price increase in April. The bean counters who don't follow politics screwed up and are now telling the board members here is how we fix this 2017 loss.
    IMO the price on firearms is way to high. Distributors offering buy 5 get one free looks good only if you can move all 6. Selling 5 at cost or below cost to make money on one is not a sustainable business practice for the LGS.

They need to drop prices down 20%+ across the board. Then they can move the over stocked stuff. Another factor is people dumping on the market to regain some cash to cover living expenses. Pawn shops here can't make a killing on selling a firearm if 9 in 10 have one already.

Ammo- oh yea, watch the manufactures jack up prices and claim the metals trade deal caused it.

The gunsmith I deal with does machining no other FFL in the area does this. From what I've seen they are parts re-placers. One black part for another one, no fitting or polishing in.

It's not like I'll be running around town looking for that box of $1.99 22lr anytime soon. LOL

Time will tell-Time is money. You can drive around town or click and ship while your brass tumbles.
    The regular Fudd will be SOL when states ban out of state ammo purchases unless they go through a local dealer.

Bill
    Last edited by Black Powder Bill; 03-08-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Boolit Master

They were a good source. I used to buy shotshell reloading stuff from them. Classy folks back in the day.

Boolit Master

They were my basic source for shot, powder, wads and shotshell primers. Gone now so I reverted to Midsouth for my powder needs. Don't know what I'll do for a shot supplier now. Oh well, I'm getting old. Maybe my stash will last me./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Grand Master
    As regulations (even those still present under Trump) continue to add to the cost of doing business, it is not realistic to expect prices on much of anything, but especially guns and ammo to go down much. I’m pleased to see that 22 ammo has come off of its artificially high price range, but with the current value of the dollar (or should I say lack of value) the likelihood of seeing $1.99 ammo for your rimfire is pretty remote.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"