Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie: Wind River

Movie: Wind River

I went to High School and met my Wife in Lander Wyoming and a lot of my friends then and now are Shoshone and Arapahoe. We've lived all around the Wind River Reservation...Lander, Riverton, Thermopolis(a lot of other places in WY as well) for years before we moved to Kansas so when I saw the movie was on Netflix I thought it might be interesting to watch and see how much Hollyweird messed up/took liberty with. I'm currently 25ish minutes in and I paused to type this because there is a reloading scene were Cory(Jeremy Renner) the USFW Gov't trapper is reloading for his lever rifle and I was shocked by how well hollyweird depicted the reloading process. And earlier in the movie Cory is picking up his son from his ex-wife and the boy is coming down stairs with is BB gun and Renner(cory) admonishes him for poor gun handling and stop him to remind him that all guns are loaded even when they aren't.

I'm not a fan of hollyweird in general and less a fan of how they usually depict gun owners but so far I'm pretty impressed with the way guns and reloading are being depicted in this movie...have to watch the rest now and see how it turns out.

For those who have already seen it keep the spoilers to yourself.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the referral. I will be watching it in a lil bit.

https://www3.putlockertv.se/watch/wi...r.z1r03/o559j4
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

I thought it was a good movie and I really don't do movies.
    SPJ

Boolit Master

Wife and I enjoyed it

Boolit Master

Good movie, even addresses at the end the countless native women who go missing . The reloading scene was good as is gun handling throughout especially for Hollywood

Boolit Master

I watched it today and liked it. It was the best movie I've seen in a while. It was directed by the same guy that did Sicario, another good movie.

Boolit Man
    He chamfered the heck out of the brass. But it was refreshing to see him make the rounds.

Boolit Mold
    Watched it over the weekend, have to agree not a bad movie. During the reloading scene, my wife looks at me and says, "Is he doing that right"?
    Speak of revolution, and a lunatic with a certificate will label you a misfit.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4rdwhln View Post
    He chamfered the heck out of the brass. But it was refreshing to see him make the rounds.
    I noticed that too. He pulled out a stainless Ruger Blackhawk when he walked up to the frozen girl.

At least the bad guy wasn't a backward ignorant hick talking rapist redneck.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

I enjoyed the rest of it and would recommend it. Overall hollyweird did a pretty good job with this movie.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by StolzerandSons View Post
    I enjoyed the rest of it and would recommend it. Overall hollyweird did a pretty good job with this movie.
    Ditto. Just got done with it.

Thanks much for the tip about it.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Moderator Emeritus

I seen it a couple months ago, I thought it was an Excellent movie.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Enjoyed the movie.Thanks for posting.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

In Remembrance
    I sure like that country around there, ten sleep canyon is one of the prettiest places in the country. The first time I ever pulled ten sleep, I may have been just a hair overloaded. My old truck pulled down and would only maintain 8 to 10 MPH and running a little warm to boot, I thought my fuel filter must have clogged. I came to a pullout and pulled in to change the filter. When I clutched it, it took off backwards before I could get on the brake. lol I cut some summer sausage and cheese, took some crackers and had a picnic next to a nice stream to let it cool completely down. While I was sitting there a rented motor home came coming down hill, with the brakes smoking something fierce, the folks didn't speak english, were asian , but wanted to know what was wrong with it. I tried to get them to let it cool down, but they headed on out, hopefully made it down before catching fire.

Boolit Master

The only time i ever drove over Ten Sleep was in a fully loaded 24 foot U-Haul truck with bad tires. Darn near cooked it going up, with the overheat light bouncing off and on. Brakes were mighty hot going down the other side. We drove that crapy old truck all the way to VT
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    I hadn't heard any summaries about this movie but after all these comments we will find this one to watch. Only recently we dropped DirecTV and installed a streaming device, still learning how to operate it. Actually Wind River may be the first movie we watch with the new system.

Boolit Buddy
    Saw it when it was in the theaters and was a bit shocked to see reloading treated as a normal activity. Good movie, I still wonder how they got that band of mule deer extras to show up at the end.

Boolit Buddy
    I liked the movie a lot and think they did a very good job getting the guns right. I did notice, however, that there was a sleeve of rifle cartridges on the buttstock of his shotgun in one scene, but it didn't last long. Have to nit pick, though. It seems very much that the movie is based on (or inspired by) the fictional game warden character, Joe Pickett, created by C.J. Box in his series of novels. There has been no actual acknowledgement, but the resemblance of Jeremy Renner's character to the C.J. Box character is pretty undeniable. If you like this kind of thing, you might check out his work.

Boolit Master

Whenever a new C.J. Box paperback novel is released, I read it from cover to cover in one night
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

Boolit Grand Master

You too, Tom! But my wife gets them.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast