Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataPBcastcoReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Stateline Bullets Reviews?

Boolit Mold

Stateline Bullets Reviews?

Hi everyone,

I was looking at purchasing some of Stateline Bullets' Cowboy Action bullets for my .38 Special revolver.

Link: https://statelinebullets.com/shop/co...-gr-tc-cowboy/

Does anyone have experience with either that bullet or any of their cowboy bullets in general? They're supposed to be cast at BHN 9-10, so it should be perfect for low pressure .38 target loads.

Banned

they will work just fine.
    I have shot that design and it works quite well at lower velocity's, they also slide through most leverguns pretty slick if you use the longer cases.

they are made in a magma engineering mold if you like them and want to make your own.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    they will work just fine.
    I have shot that design and it works quite well at lower velocity's, they also slide through most leverguns pretty slick if you use the longer cases.

they are made in a magma engineering mold if you like them and want to make your own.
    At the moment, I don't have time to get started in casting to due other factors like college, flying, and misc. hobbies, but it's definitely something I've considered.

Trying to order some but I seem to be having trouble getting the shipping form to work, looks like I'll have to contact them.

Banned

if not then other commercial casters will have the design or can get the design.
    magma engineering is the maker of the equipment that most commercial casters use so they all have access to the same stuff.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    if not then other commercial casters will have the design or can get the design.
    magma engineering is the maker of the equipment that most commercial casters use so they all have access to the same stuff.
    Their website claims that most of their bullet molds are proprietary designs, although you could probably get very similar designs from other makers. The main reason I was looking at them was due to their 9 BHN alloy, something only one other manufacturer uses (to my knowledge).

Boolit Master

I like the 130 grain, don't no why, just do.

https://statelinebullets.com/product...ction-bullets/
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kipk49 View Post
    Their website claims that most of their bullet molds are proprietary designs, although you could probably get very similar designs from other makers. The main reason I was looking at them was due to their 9 BHN alloy, something only one other manufacturer uses (to my knowledge).
    you can use bullshop. he does whatever alloy you are looking for. he also has many different boolits to choose from. i have an order to do a 300gr saeco fn in .430" and a 12bhn.

https://bullshop.weebly.com/-bullet-prices.html

Boolit Mold
    Please note our cowboy action cast bullets are not from magma engineering molds or designs. It is our own design. Ninety percent of our bullets are "old school" designs that most other commercial cast bullet companies don't produce because they use magma machines and only magma molds. We are different.

Jim C.
    Stateline Bullets
    https://statelinebullets.com

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by kipk49 View Post
    At the moment, I don't have time to get started in casting to due other factors like college, flying, and misc. hobbies, but it's definitely something I've considered.

Trying to order some but I seem to be having trouble getting the shipping form to work, looks like I'll have to contact them.
    Very sorry you are having issues with our website, please call us at (570) 871-7900.

Jim C.
    Stateline Bullets

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome to CastBoolits, Stateline. Good to see you here.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Welcome to CastBoolits, Stateline. Good to see you here.
    Thanks Wayne, been casting bullets and reloading for over 40+ years. A few years ago we decided to do it commercially. Stateline Bullets is fully licensed (DDTC registered) and hold a FFL Type 06 to produce and sell cast bullets. Quality and customer service is what we stand for. We really enjoy helping a new "green horn" reloader with a question, at our retail shop there are mini reloading stations setup just for this. Through the years you learn what works and what doesn't and we like to spread that knowledge.

Jim C.
    Stateline Bullets

Boolit Master

https://statelinebullets.com/shop/ca...cal-158-gr-rn/

When will this bullet be available ? ( ABOVE LINK )
    It's the only flat base bullet I see, also how about some bullets that are more like 12 B N H, I for one don't want or need such a hard bullet if the proper fit is used.

We have spoken on the phone, your a pleasure to speak with and very knowledgeable.

welcome to the forum.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters