WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
PBcastcoMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knee operation.

Boolit Master

Knee operation.

I humbly come to all of you, my friends, and members of the family of God, asking for prayer for me tomorrow on March 7th, as I go in the get a knee replaced.

Prayer availeth much, and I want God to be glorified by all your prayers. What better help and care could I ever hope for!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

Prayers sent.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Mold
    Payers sent! Be sure to do your exercises as that is the key for your recovery!

Saying a silent prayer for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Hickok may the Lord guide those doctors and heal you quickly. My brother do everything they tell you and do not undo what Lord does as the therapy more important than actual surgery.
    You will be in my prayers everyday.

Boolit Master
    you'll be fine...but

DO THE THERAPY ...its gonna hurt like hell...BUT DO IT!

i had my right totally replaced one year ago...i get my left done in 34 days...i can't hardly wait as the pain now is almost unbearable!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Lord be with our brother through this surgery . Speed his healing and recovery to bring him back here . Thank you for all you do in his life . Amen
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Before I had my right knee replaced a year and a half ago, I told my daughter that I would treat each pang of pain as a stepping stone to new strength. I post-op therapized myself enthusiastically and am walking like a man again. It's a cool way to get a little younger.

Hope all goes well Hickok !!
    Your a tough bird, no problem.

Jeff

Prayers for a successful procedure and a speedy recovery. May God Bless you my brother.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Father please be with Ken as he undergoes knee surgery. Please guide the medical team that will perform this procedure and then with the team that will take care of him after surgery. Pleae be with him as he goes through therapy and lastly I am asking for removal of pain. Father, Ken is a faithful follower of You and I humbly request Your blessing upon Ken, his family, and the medical teams that will work with him. AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Prayers for your safety, health and a full and speedy recovery.

+1 on do the rehab. If possible set up your first rehab appointment dates as soon as surgery is done for when the doctor thinks you can start. Sometimes it can take a week or more to get an appointment from when you go to make the first appointment and that can allow things to start healing tight or binding up.

Sister had that with her knees, I had it with a shoulder. Both of us waited to set up rehab appointments until doctor said it was time to start rehab. After a few weeks of rehab we both had to go back to be put under so they could break everything free and start over. You better believe I asked before that second go how long before I could start rehab and had an appointment set up before the second trip to the surgery. Having them break free the healing scar tissue was not fun, no way I was going to do it twice if I could avoid it.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

Prayers sent for you and for your doctors. God is the healer, but he created MD's as well. If you have avoided exercise recovery is harder, if you have continued to exercise the muscles around the knee recovery will be easier.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Just before I had one done (in 2006) the doctor came into the prep room where they were getting me ready to go into the O/R and he said ..."you seem awfully calm"...I told him I'd given it all to God and God gave it to him and if it got screwed up he could deal with God...

He laughed long and hard and did a beautiful job...the exercises are the key to a successful recovery...you will call your "physical therapist"...a "Physical Terrorist" before you are done but it makes the work the Ortho all worth while...So I'll ask my God to look in while you are getting the work done and I'll bet things go fine...best wishes...for anyone that has not seen one..I'll put in a pic....I'd not go to you tube to see a replacement being done, however...probably better to read a reloading magazine, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20171023_005.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	215888

Boolit Master
    Good luck............it's not as bad as some make out. Had both done four months apart.

Winelover

Boolit Master

Always on our prayer list, God will be right there with you guiding the surgeon.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mozeppa View Post
    you'll be fine...but

DO THE THERAPY ...its gonna hurt like hell...BUT DO IT!

i had my right totally replaced one year ago...i get my left done in 34 days...i can't hardly wait as the pain now is almost unbearable!
    This is the very best advice anyone can give you.
    Any pain you have after your surgery will be good pain, because with each passing week it will get better.
    If you never get the knee replacement all pain hence forth will only get worse.
    Do you exercises until tears come and you want to cry, it's the best thing you can do.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Moderator Emeritus

Ken, How did the surgery go brother? Praying for comfort and healing! Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Sorry, I just saw this but will say a prayer for a fast recovery.
    jim

Boolit Master

Friends, operation on Wednesday, overnight stay and just got home on Thursday.

Thanks so much for prayers offered up on my behalf. Go to rehab tomorrow.

It was real. It was fun. But it wasn't real fun!!!

Really not too bad, as I worked out with leg weights for nearly two months. It is uncomfortable, but not unbearable.

Rehab promises to be a thrill!!!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast