Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: My Kitty is a Teenager Today

Boolit Grand Master

My Kitty is a Teenager Today

She is 13 today! Of course we don't know for sure as She was adopted. This is the date that the Vet estimated Her birth day was on. She was dropped of on the Vets door step in a box as a new born. When we adopted her She would fit in the palm of my hand. She's mostly Siamese with blue eyes and Siamese colors. She is the first Cat that we ever had and its been fun! She has the run of a 2000 sq ft house minus the occasional spare room that gets closed off. Her favorite places rotate from my Wifes chair, My chair, the bear rug or a front window. I clean Her potty box every morning, wash it out and change the litter once a month, feed Her twice a day, replace the water in the gravity feed gallon drinking bowel and wash it out once a week, wash Her feed bowel once a week and brush Her whenever She wants! Yup, She just about has me trained!

Super Moderator Emeritus
    this house is maintained for the care and comfort of the cat.

Boolit Master
    As it should be!
    If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do, you are misinformed.
    - Mark Twain

When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade without further introduction.
    - Mark Twain

Boolit Master
    She sounds like she has comfy, warm home with well trained pet humans!

About a year ago one of our kitties, Baby, a flame point siamese finally left us after 18yrs with her. We got her as a little stray kitten and gave us years of love and affection. She was a sweet kitty and we miss her!

We have 4 family pet kitties that stay with my folks that we love to pieces! I love animals but kitties have a special place in my heart!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

We have several cats and our grand old man ... Junior...is sort of getting ready to "move on"...he's 18..no real illness that the vet can find but he's showing the aging process really a lot in the past few months....We have had many cats over the years and we know what is happening and what to do...I'm a bit disabled so Junior and I are sharing some things together while he can still snuggle and purr...he's eating, drinking and his litter box is still his place to take care of business....He has arthritis so he can't jump so I get to be his "elevator"...he loves the warmth of snuggling on my pillow with me and purrs hard when we are having our time...lots of sleep and likes it quiet and with no other cats around to stress him....We figure he's got a couple or three more months before we will have to make that decision but at the first sign of any pain or discomfort or having eating or litter box problems he gets to go to that quiet place. I know he would have the courage to do that for me so I'll have the courage to help him along.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0167.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	215859

Boolit Master
    we have 8 people drop them off. we just found out the youngest we thought male went in heat 3 days ago.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    My two just turned 10 years old last month. I hope for several more years of fun with the rascals. They still act like kittens, chasing their own tails and such.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Grand Master
    My cat is 14. she still runs around and sometimes catches birds.
    She keeps us around because we feed her.

Moderator Emeritus

Oreo is now my senior kitty, he is 13 also and slowing down a lot.

I like house cats a lot. I hate wild cats with a passion. They are top of line predators. Got to admire them.

Banned

I love 'em. Always have. We currently have three, the big outside tom cat that adopted us has disappeared so it's just the inside ones now.

We had one that made it to a little over 17. Wife and I were just about to get married in 1988 and we picked him out the day after his eyes opened. Still miss the little guy, longest I ever had a pet.

The three we have now are spoiled, but I miss them during the day when I'm gone. Only one sleeps with us regularly, but the other two like to snuggle now and then. All are playful. I just can't imagine a home without a cat or two.

Moderator Emeritus

My 2 earn their keep catching mice that I have a never ending supply of... and are indoor only! Way to many predators around here to let them outside.

Boolit Master

That whole mouse control is a hugely valuable asset, otherwise, think of all the .22 caliber holes in the walls!

Daddy's 15YO Precious Treasure goes to the vet tomorrow for pretty extensive dental work. Fingers crossed...
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    My 2 are keepers. Usually sleep next to me if not snuggled up to me or on top of me. I do miss dogs, never had a problem between them; 150 Lb. Service Dog I helped train for a GF would play the "chase me / chase you" game with her 8 Lb. cat, which was HILARIOUS to watch! Zeuss was doing the facial expression for "Oh no she'll EAT me if she catches me!" as he was chased, wish I still had pictures Older kitty here growls at anyone getting near the bedroom window, I think that is cattish for "Get off my lawn!" If you learn how to bond them to you (stroke them over the nose & top of their head, same as momma cat licks them when first born; do this a lot for the first month or 6 weeks they're around you) you become "Mom" and they treat you like family A bit of understanding helps.

Boolit Master
    I love my kitty also. She makes me want to come home. Always greets me at the door. She is 1.5 years old. Hope she reaches teenage years.

Rosewood
    Evangelical, deplorable redneck and proud of it.

Boolit Master

Always good to hear from folks caring for their cats, We currently have 15! No we are not "crazy cat people" we live on a farm back in the boonies and these things live in the barn and my shop, they are "working"cats although most of them need to be fired for sleeping on the job and all are lazy, Lol! We have three pets in our house, a 9 year old Himalayan, a 14 year old Abyssinian and little Calico Short Hair that is a polydactyl with 26 toes, she looks like she has an extra half a foot on all four legs! The Abby is my favorite however, they are known as the most intelligent cat breed and for good reason she is so smart it's spooky sometimes. All of our cats are "worked on" so they don't multiply but still we seem to have mighty generous neighbors who give us kittens quite often, these folks are so considerate they drop them off late at night so as not to bother us! Joking aside I DESPISE people who abandon kittens or puppies like that and think I would lose my cool in a big way if I ever see anyone doing that, still when they show up on our doorstep it begs the question of how does one say "no" to a hungry kitten? That's why we have so many cats but the truth is I wouldn't part with any of them that we let stay here.

One little girl in particular has a special place, about two years ago in the evening my wife and I were calling our cats to eat when this little calico cat we had never seen before came CRAWLING across the yard dragging her hind legs. She had heard us calling the other cats to feed and knew it meant food but it pains me to think how long it took her to drag herself from the distant road where obviously she had been dropped off, I don't know what had injured her but she had broken hips and had obviously been abandoned in that condition days before she made her way to our place, that was the most starved animal I had ever seen that was still alive! I knew I had to put her down to get her out of her misery so I intended to make it as quick and humane as possible but I hesitated, my wife was standing there crying at the sight of her and I thought that just maybe it would be better if we just take her to the vet so he would at least put her down by gently putting her to sleep. We had 45 minutes before the vet's office closed so we loaded her up and off we went, long story a bit shorter I would be embarrassed to tell how much money we spent on a cat we didn't even know but now she is plump (fat really), happy and as lovable as they come, we wouldn't part with her for anything! She still walks in an odd manner and hops like a rabbit when she wants to run but when she does she can really move.
    Last edited by oldred; 03-08-2018 at 05:38 PM. Reason: That's POLYDACTYL not PTERODACTYL, Lol, dang spell checker!!!!
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Boolit Grand Master

Good on you! Thats a happy story!