MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
RepackboxLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imr 4831 in 308 cast loads

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    But the large single one gave too much of a chance for the base to not be cured before coming out of the mold and having a tilted base. Or one with fractures in the stem. That was the main reason for me to switch to the smaller lube groves.

I know if someone like Larry, gear, run, and a few others that are very meticulous in how they cast, this could very well be pushed fast. But how fast is the question. It will not be as fast as the xcb as there is a bit of unsupported nose, but it should be close with a hard alloy.

I know Waco has this mold. Maybe we can talk him into making a vid of this bullet too!
    I could do that someday. My mold is a plain base. I shoot it in my Rem 788 .308 with 10.5gr of Redot for 1325fps with very nice 100 yard accuracy.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Banned

It will make it to 500. You might have to put a +120 min base on the rifle though or even more!

Boolit Bub
    Follow up on this. Gun shot well up to 2150fps dropped off after. 2 inch groups at 100, no leading. Will try a slightly harder alloy to see about faster but am pretty happy at the moment. May try to seat a little deeper as I had an sd of 83.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12