Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: New Guy

Boolit Mold

New Guy

I don't know if this is still common place on forums anymore or not, I haven't been 'on' a forum since my car days.....which is a decade at this point.

Anywho....

I bought my first gun 4 years ago, reloaded my first round 3 years ago, and cast my first boolit 2 months ago.

I'm pretty lazy, so I have been sticking with Lee for about everything so far. Lee molds (9, 38, 44, 45, and 45-70) and Lee Liquid Alox. I don't even size them! Shoot good enough for what I want (cheap and easy). I know powder coating is big and guys have been getting great results. As I said, I'm pretty lazy....

Boolit Master
    Howdy!
    Lazy isn't the worry. If it shoots like you like it, who should care but you? I haven't killed anything but paper in five years, and not once did I have to chase it down. I shoot mostly handguns and cast boolits, I detest buying loaded rounds.

Welcome and have a ball here! I'm sure you'll learn something. Almost everyone does.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Mold
    I still buy factory ammo from time to time...they are my bury in the backyard bullets! Winchester's 9mm NATO can be had for $100/500 and Federal 420 round cans of 5.56 can be had for ~$150 as of lately in my area.

Boolit Master

Welcome aboard Canada!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

In Remembrance
    Bury in the back yard bullets, them be some oddball bullets. lol

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    Hello and welcome !
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

Boolit Master
    Welcome. Define lazy! Lazy is some times mistaken for easy or taking the easy way. Huh I see nothing wrong with that.

Boolit Grand Master
    IMHO, lazy people are the ones that spur progress. I am a believer in KISS. For years, I loaded 20k rounds a year.....I am too lazy to to that on anything but progressive loaders.

BTW, if you are getting serviceable bullets without sizing or PC’ing....why do anything more?
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Welcome! And Shhhhhhhh.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Another "welcome aboard". Great people here with lots of knowledge to share. Everyone has their own areas of interest and proceed at their own pace. Nothing wrong with Lee equipment either.

Boolit Buddy
    Welcome aboard!! And don't tell anyone else LOL!!

Boolit Master
    Welome to our happy addiction!!!

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Howdie glad to have you on board . I use a lot of Lee stuff it works great. And as far as being lazy I know my better half would say I could give you a run for your money. When I was working I used to say the easiest way to do a job is to let someone else do it!

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome Aboard! There are a lot of ways to shoot a cast bullet. Just refine a way that works for you and roll with it. Share your info, ask questions and just join in.

Boolit Master
    HIya! & Welcome!

2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    welcome aboard perhaps you are in fact not lazy but more like a swan, the body above water seems to float with out effort, but under the water the feet churn like crazy. I too,only put effort forth which brings to me rewards that I seek, I cast because its pleasurable, I shoot because I like to get out of the house, but mostly I do it because I want to and that makes it fun.

Vendor Sponsor

Welcome aboard .. There's some good folk and a lot of knowledge here
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Hi Canada Welcome. My favorite thing is to go to Academy and walk slowly through the ammo aisle looking at the prices with a grin on my face and trying not to laugh out loud. I learned a lot from others in the beginning, studied the reloading manuals and muddled along fairly well. Joined Cast Boolits and the refining began. At present working up loads for 30-30 Marlin 336C with Lee mold 113 gr GC boolit and the 170 gr GC boolit. I use Hit-tek gold, slug the barrels and size over bore size. Post result and pictures later.