Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: full wad cutter in a 327 fed mag

Boolit Buddy

full wad cutter in a 327 fed mag

yea I know people are probably getting tired of my 327 mag posts lol . i'll admit that since I bought my new single seven ive been pretty wrapped up in it and haven't been doing much with my other calibers . ive mostly been shooting a lee 90 gr swc bullet out of so far I tried the lee 93 gr rn mold and didn't care much for it . I was looking at molds on midway the other day and the rcbs 32 cal 98 gr wad cutter mold caught my eye , I was wondering if others have tried it in a 327 mag and how they liked it ? also I have lee 6 cav mold handles here and lyman double cav handles will either of these work with an rcbs mold or do I have to buy rcbs handles? ive never owned an rcbs mold before .

sandman228: Not sure how it would work in your 327 but a 32 caliber wad cutter that I'm fond of in my 32-20 Colt is the NOE 313-89-WC-BE4 This is a RG2 plain base mould with Hollow point, cup point and flat point pins. I own six 32 cal moulds and the NOE is my favorite. Gp

Boolit Buddy
    sandman228,

I have the RCBS mold and it works well in .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R Magnum. I have not used it in .327 Federal, so cannot comment.

Gus Youmans

I have that mold and use it in my 327 BH and work fine for me.I will also work on use it in my Handi rifle later on also.That I had made for 327mag and also able to shoot all the other 32's also.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Banned
    I cannot speak to the 327 federal but a full wadcutter of about 95-100 grins in the 32 H&R magnum proved to be an excellent round for me back in the day.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have that mold (RCBS) and have used it with fair success in my Single Sevens. I had a bit of Green Dot to use up and IIRC I used 3.0 grains of it for mild accurate load.

I know what you mean, the SS7 Is a bit addictive. in 2017 I fired over 2000 of them, to the neglect of everything over 9 mm. I think I fired 20 rounds of 44 Mag.
    Last edited by rintinglen; 03-21-2018 at 08:41 PM.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    Since I just took delivery on a single-seven with the 7.5" barrel two days ago, I will read ALL your .327 posts.

v/r rch

Boolit Buddy
    well I procrastinated for a couple weeks do I need it no, do I want it yes, so on so on . I finally ordered it last night along with 100 rounds of 32 h&r mag brass . I tried to save myself a few bucks though and skipped the handles I have a set of lyman handles here and no longer own any lyman molds I'm hoping they'll work on the rcbs mold with little or no modification , if not I read that lee handles will work with minor mods . hopefully within the next week or 2 I'll get 500 or so casted up and a few loaded to try out I plan on trying them in 32 h&r first then in 327 brass .

Boolit Master
    I hope you will let us know how that wadcutter works for you in your single 7.. I have been looking at different 32 wadcutter molds for my SP101 4 inch 327. I have tried some from MO bullets and they shot OK but not as good as my NOE 314-103 SWC mold.That boolit shoot very well in my SP101 with 327 brass.

Banned

Get your mold from Accurate
    Then you got the best mold

Boolit Master
    Check this one out. Not a wadcutter but would be great out of a 7.5" barrel. Designed for the single seven.
    http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=31-120F-D.png

Boolit Buddy
    Not to advocate cheating, but, has anybody shot the laser cast 32 wadcutter (commercial boolit)?

v/r rch