Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Different Magazines...Different Accuracy...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    then the test is flawed and why there are different POI's for each mag.
    Reckon so…

Well, in all honesty, I’m not overly concerned about it, but I was just curious about it when I started the thread. I had no great expectation of benchrest accuracy from this little semi-handgun, but the difference in groups, both from a good rest and off-hand were highly noticeable…

Maybe the spring is so stiff in the first short magazine that it slowed the slide down when chambering the round and the round did not completely chamber the same each time?...

I don’t know as I don’t completely know the exact mechanisms of function of this handgun…

Guess the bottom line is I now have 3 magazines for this handgun…

Is what it is…

Thanks…BCB

Boolit Master

grab the slide on your auto pistols, if you can move the slide up and down on the frame by hand, a magazine below it can do the same thing, and that is how they can affect accuracy. this is not a new phenominon.

Boolit Master

Finally had a half-decent day, weather wise, so I went to my range and fired another group using the new short magazine that Kimber sent me to replace the “no name” one that came with the Micro 9…

I used sandbags to lay my entire forearm on and two sandbags to support my shooting hand and the handgun…

Group was shot at 30 feet as where the others…

This group impacted a different location than the one in Post #23, but this was due to fact of a different hold. This I never debated as to P.O.I. I know it will change depending on grip…

The issue with the NEW MAGAZINE is groups have become more consistent in sizes, no matter what the grip/hold differences are. The impact points may change, but 5 shots stay close together. This was not true with the magazine that came with the handgun…

I know there are some who say a magazine doesn’t affect accuracy and others who say it does. I believe I am convinced it just might affect accuracy as I have seen in a good many cases since I got this replacement magazine from Kimber…

I also shot 10 rounds, at a steel target 45 feet away. All 10 stayed in a group the size of a baseball. This was with a good sandbag rest and I consider that “very good” for me as the sights and target basically become a blur as I continue to shoot rounds. The original short magazine never would have place 10 rounds this close together—it wouldn’t allow that even at 30 feet…

So, I’m convinced the old magazine, with one notch, was the problem with accuracy…

And, if rfd is correct and my test is flawed, I am happy that it has remained consistently flawed!!!...

Good-luck…BCB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_3449.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123