Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 300 BLACKOUT tell me about your loads

Banned

stupid dangerous mistake. Like I said in my previous post the load was 20 grains not 22. Longest out of the four a deer ran was about 75 yards. that was the one shot the closest at 50 yards. One took two leaps and piled up and two dropped on the spot. Including one at 200 yards. Never paid any attention to blood trails because they all died within eye sight in the field I was shooting. Internal damage was impressive. Even at 200 yard. Easily as much as any ive shot with 243s, 250s ect. It was the black tip 110. I do agree with cwlongshot though on blood trails. Ive shot probably 30 deer with x bullets and they were great at blood trails. Exit wounds are usually on the small side. Especially with the smaller 24 and 25 cal guns. I wouldn't ever again use an x bullet in something smaller then 7mm. Matter of fact other then the bo I doubt id ever hunt deer again with any x bullet. But the bo x bullet is made to open up a bo velocitys. It does work.
    Quote Originally Posted by stewmagoo View Post
    Lloyd, are you speaking of the Barnes 110 Black Tips? I load these with h110 and seems max load is 20.2 at a SAMMI 2.250. But I suspected that more could be loaded into this. Pressure signs?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 06-19-2020 at 06:07 AM.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    stupid dangerous mistake. Like I said in my previous post the load was 20 grains not 22. Longest out of the four a deer ran was about 75 yards. that was the one shot the closest at 50 yards. One took two leaps and piled up and two dropped on the spot. Including one at 200 yards. Never paid any attention to blood trails because they all died within eye sight in the field I was shooting. Internal damage was impressive. Even at 200 yard. Easily as much as any ive shot with 243s, 250s ect. It was the black tip 110. I do agree with cwlongshot though on blood trails. Ive shot probably 30 deer with x bullets and they were great at blood trails. Exit wounds are usually on the small side. Especially with the smaller 24 and 25 cal guns. I wouldn't ever again use an x bullet in something smaller then 7mm. Matter of fact other then the bo I doubt id ever hunt deer again with any x bullet. But the bo x bullet is made to open up a bo velocitys. It does work.
    Thank you sir!. I have acquired 2 Handi 300BOs and been loading some ladders for the 110 Barnes Blacks to find out the best.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 1006 View Post
    Mine are all shot from a Ruger American Ranch bolt action. I use the Berry Bullets plated, swagged, 30-30 bullet weighing 150grains.
    5.0 Red Dot or 7.0 Trail Boss, Remington Small Pistol Primer, has a velocity of 990fps.
    14.5 Alliante 2400 and a Small Rifle Primer has a velocity of 1839fps.
    8.5 HS-6 and a Remington Small Pistol Primer has a velocity of 1365fps, I substituted a Fed Small Rifle primer on this one, but have not chronographed it yet. The small pistol primers appeared to be pierced, but I later found that smoothing the firing pin tip cured the problem.

All have been satisfactorily accurate.
    @1006. I have that rifle on the way to my dealer any problems or tricks with yours?

SmallTownGuy—

I have owned two of them. The first one was a rotary mag version and it did not feed reliably. I sold it and bought the one that uses AR15 magazines; it operates as it should with no problems. They are very accurate guns for the money.

Boolit Master
    I had one with the rotary magazine, accuracy was good..........BUT THAT MAGAZINE SUCKED, almost impossible to single load and wasn't that great on feeding.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway

Boolit Bub
    I guess I am one of the rare oeople that like the lee 230. I have a cheap PSA with a 10 inch barrel anf the lees work for me. lee 230 pc over 10 gr of imr4227. super quiet ithrough my cheap form 1 can. I really like this gun and can combo. Haven't really shot anything else lately.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 1006 View Post
    SmallTownGuy—

I have owned two of them. The first one was a rotary mag version and it did not feed reliably. I sold it and bought the one that uses AR15 magazines; it operates as it should with no problems. They are very accurate guns for the money.
    I also have a 300blk American ranch in purgatory at the moment (California BS). My favorite load so far is a cast and PC 158 gr 30-30 bullet from SNS over 4 grains of red dot -- about 1000fps IIRC and no recoil and a mild report. It's a great plinker, super cheap and easy to load with a small pistol primer. With a can in a free state, it would be magic, I'm sure. No chance of cycling an AR -- I've been manually cycling mine. I liked the load enough to buy the bolt action to shoot it!

I am working up loads with the Lee 230 with blue dot, and I'm going to work up other red dot loads with various weights of cast bullets. Quickload has been almost exactly spot on predicting velocity numbers using red and blue dot and a 16" barrel.

Banned

for a pop gun load lately ive been running 4 grains of pr200 (aa2) and a 130 rcbs spitzer gas check. It sounds like a pellet rifle with a can on it and my can isn't the quietest. Comical thing is I shot that load at a 100 yards. Got about 10 inches of drop compared to my full power load with the same bullet but the light load shot 2 inch 5 shot groups! Even without a can it about sounds like a 22lr going off and hits with a heck of a lot more authority. It would sure make for a great rabbit load.

Boolit Mold
    Thank you for the reply

Banned
    2400 7.1grn 1/2in group 940 fps NOE 247 FN GC (with no GC) sized .309 150 FT AR platform

Boolit Master

I picked up a 311284 HP mold.

I have yet to work up loads. The nose is about .302 so even after PC its small
    Enough not to cause problems.

But I think it should be a DANDY!!
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

I picked up my Ruger American Ranch last week. The scope arrived today. Still waiting on rings.

I was going to throw a old scope on it and head to the range but it's been a bit wet here the past few days.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    I picked up my Ruger American Ranch last week. The scope arrived today. Still waiting on rings.

I was going to throw a old scope on it and head to the range but it's been a bit wet here the past few days.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE MINE!!! I bought it from a dealer who always gets yhe first new models. This one was not supposed to be sold when it waa. It came in, got logged and put out. I was first in store and couldnt believe my eyes. Went straight to girl to do papers. Finished got my number and paid as another employee picked it up. Word got around and owner came up and told me story. But as papers where done and official transfer completed... It was mine!!

I have shot countless SUB 1/2 MOA GROUPS!! Ill go to my grave with it!!

CW

Boolit Buddy
    Not trying to derail the thread but, you fellows having trouble with the Ruger Ranch Rifle feeding from the rotary mags. You can call Ruger Cust Service and order the Magazine conversion kit so the rifle will use AR mags. I just called this past Thursday and ordered the conversion for my rifle in 7.62x39. Total cost including shipping is $25.95. The number is 336-949-5200.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cupajoe View Post
    Not trying to derail the thread but, you fellows having trouble with the Ruger Ranch Rifle feeding from the rotary mags. You can call Ruger Cust Service and order the Magazine conversion kit so the rifle will use AR mags. I just called this past Thursday and ordered the conversion for my rifle in 7.62x39. Total cost including shipping is $25.95. The number is 336-949-5200.
    MANY TIMES, any such problems can also be fixed with a extra rotation of the magazine spring.

CW

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by cupajoe View Post
    Gonna call this week.
    I loaded and cycled the mag with factory Remington 220 subs about 8 times.First round Ftf about 25% of the time.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltownguy View Post
    Gonna call this week.
    I loaded and cycled the mag with factory Remington 220 subs about 8 times.First round Ftf about 25% of the time.

2 45-50 minute wait and hung up on.
    Mine is one of the first year production 300 black out, no adapter no modifications available. So he is sending 2 mags to try to see if they are better.
    Well for a $300 option to use my yhm phantom suppressor and long nose cast out the shop window should be fine.

been running 170gr PB ranchdog style with 10 gr 2400 1400 fps in the AR pistol. Lots of fun, hammers hard. Loaded a bunch to take to Ar with the GKs this fall. We go through a lot of ammo at family shoots.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Just got the RARR, so thank you all for the load info. Gonna start casting and see what it likes.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonegun1894 View Post
    Just got the RARR, so thank you all for the load info. Gonna start casting and see what it likes.
    I just took my new RAR out and ran some 158gr cast over 4gr red dot. What a mild shooting and fun plinking load -- it's like a glorified 22lr. Accuracy was around 1-2" at 50 yards.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast