Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 300 BLACKOUT tell me about your loads

129 gr. Noe SP powder coated sized .309 over 17gr. LilGun. SONIC. Gp

Boolit Buddy
    lee 208 grain pc over imr 4227. fist sized groups at 200 meters, .688 bc

Boolit Master

I have been having good results with 3031 @ 15.3g with a 312-1552R sized 311. 1350 ish. But under 1" @50.

€€€ OVER MAX LOAD €€€ USING A Hornady 135 FTX AND 300MP worked up to 20g in my RARR. ITS WARM IN TWO OF THREE ARS!! But shoots 2140fps and sub MOA

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

Ok, I've got some questions.

My 300 Blackout pistol has been driving me nuts.

It's an 8" barrel, 1/8" twist.

I have the MP 311410 and NOE 311-158 FN molds and can't get either one to stay on paper with loads that will cycle my AR pistol.

Believe me I've tried. Over 30 loads for the MP, both hollow point and solids. 12 different loads for the NOE. I'm headed to the range tomorrow to test the heavy molds I have, NOE 311-198 SP, and the MP 235.

I really wanted this pistol to shoot supersonic with the MP 311410 and it won't.

My muzzle device has lead deposits, the tail of the bolt has lead deposits, yet there's no leading in the bore.

In another thread it was advanced that I'm spinning the boolits too fast. But I see in this thread that people are spinning similar weight boolits at the same speeds and getting good results.

It shoots J-word bullets just fine. I've got some of the Berry's plated 30-30 bullets to try tomorrow. They are supposed to be good to 2000 fps.

Shooting that MP 311410 I can rarely get five shots on a 12" target at 25 yards.
    NRA Benefactor.

My pistol is 10" 1:8, not much problem. What alloy and size? I ran some very hot loads and got lead on the bolt tail and seized gas rings.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Alloy was 50/50 lino/pure. Sized to .310.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

As far as cast bullets today's trip was a complete bust.

30 different loads with three boolits. NOE 198 SP. MP 235, and the Lee 230.

The best I did was with the NOE 198 SP. Two shots touching 4" to the left of the center, two shots touching 5" to the right of the center and one directly in the center. It went like this R-L-C-L-R.

My next step is going to be casting some bullets out of pure lino, sizing to .311 and seeing how they work. I'd water drop them but baking the coating on kills any benefit of quenching.

I had picked up some Berry's 150 gr .30-30 bullets. Those shot into one ragged hole with 14.6 gr H110. Since I can pick those up for under $0.13 each I have a feeling that's going to be my blasting bullet.

If the larger sized lino fails I guess it's going to be new barrel time.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

FACTORY AMMO!!!!

Tejas where about? I've got some for mine I can give you. I looked at the NOE 158, problem is not filling the throat. Crimp in the groove and nothing in the long 0.2" BO throat. If you get another barrel, go for 10". Lee 230 is terrible. Can't imagine a barrel that takes 311 in BO, mine take 3085-309 at most. Lino won't help. Coat and bake for 1 hr, then into ice water - wait a week before shooting or add some #8 shot for arsenic to hasten hardening.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

I'm east of the DFW metro mess.

I've pretty much decided the barrel is the problem. I have some aluminum gas checks I'm going to try on the NOE 198. I wanted copper but Sage was out.

If the aluminum checks don't give better grouping I know it is the barrel.
    NRA Benefactor.

Who made the barrel? If it shoots jacketed OK then it's probably not the barrel. With the short pistol gas barrel, by the time you get pressure to operate the bolt, load is pretty stout and hard on cast. Short barrel (bullet leaves the barrel before bolt operates) at super dumps pressure too fast. Good for subs & heavies but hard to do with med. supers. Try coating & sizing 309 and light load (bolt won't work) to see if it really is the barrel. Unique, A2400, cfeblk at ~ 7-8 gr. I'd try 3 or 4:1 and H.T after cooking. I'm just west of Wylie and have some coated & sized 3085, I know they work in mine.
    Whatever!

Banned

130 rcbs spitzer gas check pc'd with either 16 grains of wc820 (aa9) or 20 grains of 110.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post

FACTORY AMMO!!!!
    Great job! Plinking ammo or hunting ones?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Who made the barrel? If it shoots jacketed OK then it's probably not the barrel. With the short pistol gas barrel, by the time you get pressure to operate the bolt, load is pretty stout and hard on cast. Short barrel (bullet leaves the barrel before bolt operates) at super dumps pressure too fast. Good for subs & heavies but hard to do with med. supers. Try coating & sizing 309 and light load (bolt won't work) to see if it really is the barrel. Unique, A2400, cfeblk at ~ 7-8 gr. I'd try 3 or 4:1 and H.T after cooking. I'm just west of Wylie and have some coated & sized 3085, I know they work in mine.
    I'll give that a try. I really want this thing to work. I tried some subsonic heavies and they wouldn't group at all.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Sierra 135HP neck sized brass and 17.7g 296 seated 2100. 1/4 MOA in my RARR.

Scarry accurate.

Cw

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by stewmagoo View Post
    Great job! Plinking ammo or hunting ones?

Stew, thats a match hp bullet. Not really designed to expand. So Id call that a target/steel shootin bullet. CW

Banned

my accuracy and hunting load is a barnes 110 with 20 grains of 110 and a fed match small rifle primer. Shoots under 3/4s of an in for an average of 3 5shot groups out of my cheap 16 inch psa rifle with a 4x scope. Shot 4 deer with it last year and that bullet gave good damage even out to 200 yards.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 06-19-2020 at 06:04 AM.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    my accuracy and hunting load is a barnes 110 with 22 grains of 110 and a fed match small rifle primer. Shoots under 3/4s of an in for an average of 3 5shot groups out of my cheap 16 inch psa rifle with a 4x scope. Shot 4 deer with it last year and that bullet gave good damage even out to 200 yards.
    Lloyd, are you speaking of the Barnes 110 Black Tips? I load these with h110 and seems max load is 20.2 at a SAMMI 2.250. But I suspected that more could be loaded into this. Pressure signs?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    my accuracy and hunting load is a barnes 110 with 22 grains of 110 and a fed match small rifle primer. Shoots under 3/4s of an in for an average of 3 5shot groups out of my cheap 16 inch psa rifle with a 4x scope. Shot 4 deer with it last year and that bullet gave good damage even out to 200 yards.
    How far did your deer run and did you get a decent blood trail? My 16" PSA 300 BO is amazingly accurate. I would like to use it this fall for deer.

Boolit Master

I have taken three deer with this Barnes 110. All where quickly dispatched and but NO Bullets recovered. But blood trails have been sparce. I find this normal
    For solid copper bullets. The fragmenting factory of cup n core produces a different wound that seems to bleed more.

My fav bullet for the blk out on deer is the Hornady 125 SST. BUT Bothe Speer and Now Hornady offer a few BLK SPECFIC bullets that loop promising. Ill be trying the 135 FTX on game. I have the Speer 150 GD and it shoots. VERY WELL. The third bullet is a Hornady GMX 110 spec made for tge 300 Blk/Whisper

Stew, you can be sure that load is safe in Lloyds rifle. But you should start much lower and work up. Also Bolts and Single shots will handle lil More pressure safer then a MSR action.

CW
    Last edited by cwlongshot; 06-18-2020 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Spelling

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast