RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: RCBS LUBE-A-MATIC HEATER where are you it’s 2018

Boolit Master

RCBS LUBE-A-MATIC HEATER where are you it’s 2018

I notice that the new model RCBS LUBE-A-MATIC HEATER with temperature control is still not available at the few Mail order web sites I use. I first saw this heater in the RCBS 2017 catalog. Like their new model casting furnaces still not available as of today March 3 2018. I gave up on seeing the RCBS heater in October 2017 and bought the Lyman universal lubrisizer heater. Had to fix the failed solder joints on its internal cartridge heater and that was a nasty job, but I got it done and it works great now.

It's listed on their website: http://rcbs.com/Products/Bullet-Cast...ic-Heater.aspx

You could always contact them and see if it's available at their dealers, or factory direct.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

I took the suggestion of another forum member here. I put an aluminum plate under the sizer that extends back behind the unit about 4 inches. I got a $10.00 iron from Wally World and set it on low and put it on top of the plate. Works pretty well and cost $10 plus a piece of 1/8 aluminum I had.

In Remembrance

I made several heaters about 15 yrs. back using an aluminum piece that I routed a `s` channel in and that I fitted a heat coil from a crock pot in and tied a dial dimmer switch to. Still using 2 of them.Robert