WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My son blew his brains out on Feb 28

Boolit Master

We are here for you and know you and your family are on our prayer list.

Prayers to you, your family, and all those affected. Stay strong during these troubling times, you have a community of friends here grieving with you.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    My heart goes out to this gentleman. Went through a similar situation with my son years ago, but his Mother and I were able to intervene.

Sir; Death is not final! The Great Judge of us all will take more into his assessment than we can imagine, and will judge with perfect knowledge, love and compassion!

1 Corinthians 15:22; For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ Shall all be made alive.

Moderator Emeritus

This is such a sad situation, My prayers go out to your family.

many years ago, my 16 yr old cousin took his own life, no one knew why? It was a terrible burden on his parents and brothers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    My sympathies.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Docone, in my heart I am so sorry to hear of this tragedy. I lost my son to the same circumstances two years ago on March 10, which is coming up in a few days.

I too have tried to serve my Lord's call as I have been a Lay preacher for nearly 20 years. I asked myself all the questions as you are asking yourself now.

Let me tell you this in love and compassion, you will never get over this, but with God's help, and the family of believers, you will get through it.

I repeat, you will never get over it, but you will get through it. The Lord will be with you, as will the brothers and sisters here and in your life who are praying for you and your family.

Give me a pm if you need a brother to share with.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Docone no words as I have nothing, but the Lord's grace will carry you through this and ease your pain of loss and why. As you see the cast boolits family is praying with and for you.
    I have placed you on my church prayer list and we will pray every day for you.

Unjustified guilt is a heavy burden to bear. Prayers for you and family.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    I can not imagine your pain. My brother i cry with you. May the holy spirit comfort you.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master

So sorry for your loss.

Boolit Master

I'm sorry. Very sorry for the loss of your boy.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

my condolences.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Keep your oldest son in your heart and memory, but concentrate now on those remaining in your family and draw closer to them.
    That is for sure the correct advice. Take care of the living - the dead done took care of themself. My youngest daughter committed suicide at 17 yr old (1997), so I can understand some of where you're coming from. She doused herself with lighter fluid, lit it, took two months to die in Memphis, TN burn center. Words can not express my feelings for your loss.

edit: Maybe I come across too angry or unsympathetic to the "victim", but with life and the number of times I've lived thru "almost" suicide (ex-wife) and then daughter, I tend to think of the victims as the family that's left wondering "why". There is no good answer as to "why"...... Wait, let me close.

Boolit Grand Master
    I too am sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine, nor want to, what this is doing to you but I will say a prayer for you.

Boolit Grand Master

As a father, I can only imagine the grief and agony your experiencing. My sympathy and prayers for you and your family.

Banned

Praying for you and for all concerned

Moderator Emeritus

docone31 what you are enduring is unbelievable and there is nothing we can say that will take away the pain. Only God and time can heal. With that said there are a lot of us that have lost a child and I truly know your pain. I am praying for comfort and healing for you and your family....

God please be with docone31 and his family as they deal with the pain associated with the death of their son. We all want to know why this happens but only You know why. Father, carry this family and wrap Your loving arms around them. Heal them and comfort them and help them to dwell on the good times they shared. AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master
    Do not think that this is your fault, nor Trump's fault, nor really anyone's fault. Sometimes no matter who does what, the raw part that hurts can not be assuaged and the afflicted one can see no end that grants release of pain other than death. I earnestly hope you find peace. Bless you.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Our only child suicided in 2013. The pain will always be with you but gets bearable. Don't think long term just now. Moment by moment for the next few weeks. Don't make any serious plans or decisions. It takes a few weeks for your thinking to get back to normal. People close to you will be there for you. Take the help that is offered and lean on the shoulders that are there. Good people here and other places in my world helped more than I can repay.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    So sorry for your lose.
    You will be in our prayers.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast