WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My son blew his brains out on Feb 28

Boolit Master

I offer you this, and my sincere prayers for comfort and peace from the Lord.

"I'm old. What that means is that I've survived (so far) and a lot of people I've known and loved did not.

I've lost a wife, a child, friends, acquaintances, co-workers, grandparents, dad, mom, relatives, mentors, neighbors, and a host of other folks. But here's my two cents...

I wish I could say you get used to people dying. But I never did. I don't want to. It tears a hole through me whenever somebody I love dies, no matter the circumstances. But I don't want it to "not matter". I don't want it to be something that just passes. My scars are a testament to the love and the relationship that I had for and with that person. And if the scar is deep, so was the love. So be it.

Scars are a testament to life. Scars are a testament that I can love deeply and live deeply and be cut, or even gouged, and that I can heal and continue to live and continue to love. And the scar tissue is stronger than the original flesh ever was. Scars are a testament to life. Scars are only ugly to people who can't see.

As for grief, you'll find it comes in waves. When the ship is first wrecked, you're drowning, with wreckage all around you. Everything floating around you reminds you of the beauty and the magnificence of the ship that was, and is no more. And all you can do is float. You find some piece of the wreckage and you hang on for a while. Maybe it's some physical thing. Maybe it's a happy memory or a photograph. Maybe it's a person who is also floating. For a while, all you can do is float. Stay alive.

In the beginning, the waves are 100 feet tall and crash over you without mercy. They come 10 seconds apart and don't even give you time to catch your breath. All you can do is hang on and float. After a while, maybe weeks, maybe months, you'll find the waves are still 100 feet tall, but they come further apart. When they come, they still crash all over you and wipe you out. But in between, you can breathe, you can function. You never know what's going to trigger the grief. It might be a song, a picture, a street intersection, the smell of a cup of coffee. It can be just about anything...and the wave comes crashing. But in between waves, there is life.

Somewhere down the line, and it's different for everybody, you find that the waves are only 80 feet tall. Or 50 feet tall. And while they still come, they come further apart. You can see them coming. An anniversary, a birthday, or Christmas. You can see it coming, for the most part, and prepare yourself. And when it washes over you, you know that somehow you will, again, come out the other side. Soaking wet, sputtering, still hanging on to some tiny piece of the wreckage, but you'll come out.

Take it from an old guy. The waves never stop coming, and somehow you don't really want them to. But you learn that you'll survive them. And other waves will come. And you'll survive them too.

If you're lucky, you'll have lots of scars from lots of loves. And lots of shipwrecks."

BTW, I am not the author of this nor do I claim any credit in its creation, merely offered to comfort you as it has me thru burying almost every member of my family.
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

Boolit Master

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    The Bible uses the words of "sting of death". The closer we are to the person the greater the sting and the longer it hurts. Jesus also said that if he went away He would sent THE COMFORTER. My simple logic is that comfort must come through the Comforter. This is a time you must lean heavily on His promises and on Him.
    Now as a depression sufferer, it is a disease that is unexplainable. Just what was a common motion or logical thought ,is now impossible to accomplish. At times I could not raise my head to look at a clock. My thoughts were scattered and could not be organized. An example would be a piece of paper made into confetti. How can the confetti be made into a sheet of paper again? That was the difficulty of my thought process. The natural human reaction to these conditions is fear and wanting to escape ( or get well). With time and fear we get desperate to escape.
    I ask that God fills the void left in your life with His love,mercy and peace.

Boolit Master

The wife and I will hold you up in our prayers.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master
    Sincere Prayers for Faith, Hope, Mercy, Love, Redemption, Healing, and Wisdom.. Dale

Although my words cannot express my grief for you.; I can only offer my prayers for God's strength. Surround yourself with God's people and immerse yourself with their love and support.

Boolit Mold
    So Sorry. You and your family are added to my prayer list.

Boolit Master
    I too have experienced this tragedy in my family, a favorite uncle and then a cousin. We must not think of these terrible events in terms of someone's fault--yours or anybody else's. That's an easy way out. Of course, you know this. God will give you strength. He did me.

Boolit Master

My condolences, we have you in our thoughts and prayers...

Boolit Mold
    In my prayers. Sorry for your loss

My sincere condolences, I wish you only the best for the future.

Boolit Master
    Docone, I ache for what has happened to you and yours. I also have experienced the inexpressible sorrow with so sudden and inexplicable a loss, and the sense that somehow I should have seen some sign of trouble and prevented it. It took a long time to come to acceptance that I have such little power, as do others. It was not for me to long ponder "if only" to no avail - it was for me to do what was placed before me to do, to pray for the mercy of God on those who make so grievous an error, that He may freely pardon their faults and admit them to His Presence. He sees not as we see, He knows the heart like we can never know it. Let us commend him to God's mercy, and let us pray for knowledge of His Will for us, and the power to carry it out.

As for your sister, in her grief she may be grasping for an explanation to soften the blow.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I am so sorry to hear this I know there is nothing I can say but I truly hope that the lord will help with your grief and I will keep you in my prayers.

I am sorry for your loss. I have no idea why people do that. I have had several in my family take their life and I still don't understand it.
    Oh bother said pooh, as he chambered another round.

Boolit Master

O Lord please look after his good man, as he needs your hand to help him through this hard time in his life. Thank you Lord.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master
    Praying for you.

Maybe this trial is so you can help the next person that has to go through it.

Rosewood
    Evangelical, deplorable redneck and proud of it.

Boolit Master

Father Almighty, hear these prayers of the family of Christ offered up to you as one plea for help, comfort, care and grace for our brother and friend Docone and his family. We lift up our brother to you in full faith of Your love and compassion. We pray in the Holy Name of Christ Jesus, amen!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Sorry for this pain Sir. Glad you have fine folks here for comfort. I will pray for your peace also.

Your loss is heartbreaking. I pray that God will hold you close at this time.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

May God comfort you during this hardest of times. I can't begin to fathom what it must be like, I have no children. Just know I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

May his Memory be a Blessing. That's what Jews traditionally say when someone passes away. How that loved one passed doesn't play into that sentence; their memory is still a blessing. Picnics, road trips, holidays...
    The memories are a blessing.

Shalom,
    Knightflyer (Dave)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast