Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyADvertise here
Graf & SonsRotoMetals2StainLess Steel MediaInline Fabrication

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lee 358-158-RF in 9mm ???

Boolit Man
    I finally went shooting with one of my friends because he wanted so sight in his new scope so I grabbed my 300 blackout and almost forgot about my test 9s but last second I grabbed theose and my p320.
    So my projectiles were around 164gr after PC and I loaded 10 with 2.7gr of hp38 and another 10 with 3.0gr of hp38.
    This was more of a function test then accuracy test as I only had targets setup at 50 yards for our rifles. There isn't much room there but that's ok.
    Both batches ran without any issues slide locked on empty, everything looked good. Started shooting second batch at my 8inch plate I had hanging at 50y and my first round hit it. Lucky shot I'm sure as missed next couple but they were all close to target. I need to do more serious testing then shooting freehand at 50y but accuracy looked very promising.
    Here is the best part. These were the softest shooting 9s ever. Very little recoil. Very little muzzle flip so follow up shots should be easier. Also these are subsonic so these are much quieter. Almost sound strange like too quiet .
    It really made my sig p320 feel like I was shooting super soft 45.
    I think this round shows great potential. Im def going to make more. I think 2.8 -3.0gr of hp38 should work well here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marek313 View Post
    I finally went shooting with one of my friends because he wanted so sight in his new scope so I grabbed my 300 blackout and almost forgot about my test 9s but last second I grabbed theose and my p320.
    So my projectiles were around 164gr after PC and I loaded 10 with 2.7gr of hp38 and another 10 with 3.0gr of hp38.
    This was more of a function test then accuracy test as I only had targets setup at 50 yards for our rifles. There isn't much room there but that's ok.
    Both batches ran without any issues slide locked on empty, everything looked good. Started shooting second batch at my 8inch plate I had hanging at 50y and my first round hit it. Lucky shot I'm sure as missed next couple but they were all close to target. I need to do more serious testing then shooting freehand at 50y but accuracy looked very promising.
    Here is the best part. These were the softest shooting 9s ever. Very little recoil. Very little muzzle flip so follow up shots should be easier. Also these are subsonic so these are much quieter. Almost sound strange like too quiet .
    It really made my sig p320 feel like I was shooting super soft 45.
    I think this round shows great potential. Im def going to make more. I think 2.8 -3.0gr of hp38 should work well here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    So did you seat in the crimp groove? COL? I want to try this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Man
    My COL ends up being at 1.0285. Boolit seated pass crimp grove. Shoulder of the brass is pretty much even with top of the crimp grove if that makes sense. No crimp grove is visible from the side. I had to seat it this far or my rounds would stick when I manually cycled which I didnt like. So its a close window because on one hand you dont want to seat it deep so you dont swage the boolit but on the other hand that boolit cant stick out far because its cutting into rifling because its fatter then normal 125gr RN. Might not work in all 9s I dont know but I wouldnt try this in my Taurus PT111 I'll tell you that. I'll never get that slide open unless I fire that round. It would def jam there. Still worth a shot make couple dummy rounds and manually cycle. Thats how I started. Good luck.

Boolit Master
    To get mine to pass the plunk test they were right at 1.000 or less. I ain't gonna try that.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Man
    This bullet has been very accurate for me,too.

Fast powder makes for a very quiet report and recoil. Slow like VV 3N37 on the other hand gives 1000+ fps quite easily. Still a soft push,can't get much closer to a 45ACP feel.

I like to seat to hide the crimp groove.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123